#Help# What visa i must obtain to live and work in Bratislava

Hi there , i need some information , if someone could kindly help .

Im uk passport holder , i would like to move too and work in Bratislava , i would obviously would be starting a new life there , i would be needing some sort of permanent residency , to obtain that sort of permanant residency , would i have to take a temporary residency firstly ,then find a job, accommodation and then keep applying for more temporary residency ??

Move before 31st October... BREXIT and all.

There will be more intelligent people along to answer I'm sure, but from what I remember doing, you will probably need to find some sort of job offer to get the first temporary residency, or at least it helps. I needed papers from the company stating that I will have a job once I'm able to legally work in the country.

You will need a permanent address, doesn't have to be your own place. But the owner of the property will need to do some paperwork to help you get the temporary residency.

You should have the first ID card for 5 years, after that, as long as you haven't killed anybody or been a nuisance, they will grant you a longer one, 10 or 15 years I think.

Hope this helps, maybe somebody else can chip in

Unfortunately, the Brexit remark is very pertinent! It will be easier whilst the Uk is still in the EU.

There's lots of info on the Uk site www.gov.co.uk/living in Slovakia or the British Embassy Bratislava online
Good Luck,

densieslovakia wrote:

Unfortunately, the Brexit remark is very pertinent! It will be easier whilst the Uk is still in the EU.

There's lots of info on the Uk site www.gov.co.uk/living in Slovakia or the British Embassy Bratislava online
Good Luck,

Move before Brexit happens.. What's wrong with that?

Thanks for all the help and advice , i understand there is still big uncertainty surrounding the Brexit deal , and i wont be moving out there until feburary , so the likelyhood is circumstances will change before then , i need some more help and advice for example as a third country national , if and when the Uk leave!?

I dont have a job lined up to walk into ,my jobs skills are limited  is it better if i make contact with a company to ask them would they employ me before the initial move ?

My Girlfriend is born and lives there , would this help me with residency in anyway!?