Offense

Dear Everyone,

I was just wondering if its a offense or just warning.

This is the story, yesterday I was ask by my classmate to join him with his friend to drink a bottle of beer and eat something at a void deck.

Suddenly around 11pm a police mobile went to us and ask us for our IC. I was so nervous cause Its my first time. I was not taking to the police only the friend of my friend is talking. I have no idea if we had offense or something.

They recorded our phone number and IC number after that they ask us to clean the place and leave.

Is that recorded and considered as offense to be recorder and does it affects on applying work pass in the future? Or since they just recorded and ask us to leave, maybe its just a warning?

If I were in your position I would have asked the police directly what the problem is and whether you had done anything wrong.

BAs far as I know, alcohol laws prohibit the drinking of alcohol on HDB void decks after 10.30pm. At lot of rules come into effect at 10.30pm so you need to be careful if you are a drinker.

I did not talk directly to the police cause i was scared and this is my first time, i was just draged by my friend to join them.

I asked my friend what offense did the police gave us since they are the one who talked to the police.

He said. “ we got complain because so loud” and the police said “clean and go home”

The thing is I am worried eventhough they just ask us to leave, they recorded our IC and phone number.

Don't worry, the police is not interested in making your life difficult - they just want to keep the place clean, quiet and orderly and therefore issued you a warning not to do this again
This will probably not have any consequences,
But if I am wrong and you hear from them again, please come back and report it here!

Noted that beppi. I will let you know if I would be receiving a letter or call. (I HOPE NOT)

By the way, Thank you very much for your reply with all the concerns here. I have been reading all the forum replies from you.

Also you reply is a relief.

Thank you.

beppi wrote:

Don't worry, the police is not interested in making your life difficult - they just want to keep the place clean, quiet and orderly and therefore issued you a warning not to do this again
This will probably not have any consequences,
But if I am wrong and you hear from them again, please come back and report it here!

Hi beppi, I am sorry to bother you again. I have posted something on different thread about my student pass renewal and it got approved already they issued an IPA letter already.

My question is, regarding the thread offense, does IPA can be revoke with situations like that. Just curios.

ICA officers have the right to deny you entry for any reason they want, regardless of the papers or visa you have.
But they rarely do that to people with IPA,

looks like you 2 are making a mess in a public area. and not sure if you were making too much noise? the police could have received a complaint.
seems like a one-sided story. probably because you did not understand what was said between your friend and the police. weren't they speaking English?

don't think you are labeled as criminals but be more mindful next time.