Passport Near Expire

Good day Ma'am/Sir,

I would to ask if I can still go for a final exit here in Saudi Arabia even if my passport will expire on March 29, 2020. My contract will expire on March 4, 2020. What should I do? Do I still need to renew my passport or is it ok not to renew and leave the country before March 29, 2020. I am really confused because some of my friends told me that it is ok not to renew if I will go for final exit and leave the country before reach the expiry date.

Kindly please help me regarding this situation so that I make an immediately action with my issue. Thank you and best regards to all. May God be with you. God bless.

Hi,I think is not a problem.

If you fly straight to your home country after leaving Saudi Arabia, not stopping in another country for a visit, then the 25 days left on your passport is perfectly fine.  If your flight has a transit stop in another country that requires you to go through Immigration, then problem may or may not occur at the airport of that country. 

My suggestion:  Buy ticket on a direct flight or check with the transit airport ahead of time.

Maybe my company will issue a direct flight going back to my country. And probably it will take 2 weeks for me before i go back to my country bcos most of my fellow worker takes 2 weeks to finish process of their papers. So that means it is ok? Even 1 week remaining to my passport right?

Btw i highly appriciated your response to my topic. God bless you.

Yes, it'll be OK, as long as you'll be on a direct flight.

This question was asked twice before on the Philippines forum.  You won't be the first person who's flying home on a soon-to-expire passport.

Your passport expiry only matters if you are going to a country other than your home country.  Exit and take a direct flight home as everyone has already suggested.

Why not renew your passport anyway? What is the benefit of letting it expire?

Depends.  In some countries, the Embassy is not in the city you are based in so it could be a long trip or the Embassy takes longer to renew the passport or the work permit transfer after passport renewal takes longer......could be any reason.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR