Reading habits in New Zealand

Hello everyone,

Books can be your greatest companions whether you have already settled in New Zealand or are now planning your move. Are you an avid or occasional reader? We would like to know more about your reading habits.

What type of reading do you enjoy? Do you read novels, comics, magazines, newspapers, etc.?

Where do you purchase or borrow books in New Zealand (bookstores, online, library subscription, etc.)? Do you prefer digital reading?

Do you have an average budget devoted to reading in New Zealand? Do you buy books or pay a library membership fee?  Do you spend more or less than in your country of origin?

In what languages can you find the books that you usually read?

What books or magazines would generally be found on your bedside table?

Thanks for participating,

Bhavna

Hi Bhavna,
     Thanks for your message. I've recently moved in to NZ and about my reading habits, I'm not much into reading.
Recently I started showing some interest into reading books, mainly those related to Financial knowledge. I read a lot online, those are all related to my profession. Like new computer language, courses, etc.
When I was in India I used to read newspapers both English and Tamil, but later on, once I started travelling to different countries, it's gone.
I think that helps.
Thanks,
Sree