Questions about life in Argentina

Hello to the forum.

I am from the US but have been living in Ecuador for the last 5 years. Ready to try someplace new.  From friends who have visited there I am told that Argentinians have values more similar to Europe  than in other places in South America as far as respect, privacy and so forth and I am curious about opinions  on that. Next question- I use Numbeo.com  to try to get an idea of what prices  there are like. I know that it probably varies pretty widely  depending on where you are (I dont think I would want to live in Buenos Aires for example)  but being retired and on a limited budget  it looks like the USD/ARS exchange rate would be favorable in spite of what I read about inflation there. Any help or comments would be deeply appreciated.

Regards.

Buen Día!
I'll see if I can address your questions 
The culture is  European though I couldn't compare it to Ecuador. I find people respectful with Christian values. Manners and politeness are a priority overall. I love the people I have met.
In terms of prices, over the past year and a half we have lived here we have see the rates change from $20 AR -$1USD to now $55-$1. What happens is that there is a small window of time when there is a jump (once last year around August and just now after elections) that the inflation hasn't caught up and those using dollars have an advantage. If you have fixed contracts in pesos it's also in your favor. But the inflation catches up and prices are comparable to what they are in the States (generally speaking). Some thing more expensive (imports) and other things not. Unfortunately for the locals their salaries do not catch up. So right now it is an economically tense environment. Again.
An example. Rental agreements are for two years with an automatic % increase every 6 months. I thought this was crazy at the time but the   10% increase in the contract didn't keep up with the rate exchange and out rent has decreased over time as a result.  I hope
That helps. Suerte!

Team Pell
Thanks very much for the great information. This is interesting because from the Numbeo information it indicates that things there are generally less expensive than the US and somewhat less expensive than here in Ecuador. Rents particularly.  Seems like anything energy related, like the cost of utilities and gasoline are either on a par or more expensive than here. If you are so interested the page is here

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/i … rrency=USD

but I have found a number of discrepancies between what Numbeo says and what exists on the ground, both here and in for example Colombia and Peru.

I have also seen  a couple of articles on places like Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/video/2019/08/2 … nel=118169

and I assume this is a combination of the inflation that I read is extant there plus what recently happened  there politically. In any case--many thanks for the kind information and taking the time to post in response, its much appreciated.  I live in the mountains here in Ecuador, in Cotacachi.  After the years here I am ready for a change.

Again  many thanks for your interest  and information-
Kindest Regards