5 good reasons for living in Argentina

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Argentina, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

1. The people
2. The climate
3. Family orientated society
4. Clean fresh air (at least it is where I live)
5. Stunning scenery

Hi Julian. 

While several years ago I could have easily provided a dozen reasons to move to and stay in Argentina, today is a different story.

After the collapse of 2001 every thing was cheap and opportunities were everywhere.  These days Argentina has a fairly gloomy outlook.  Here are a few reasons I believe a person should wait until after the next economic collapse to consider living there...

Food, clothing, fuel, computers and almost everything else is on par or more expensive than the U.S.  Buying and selling property has become nearly impossible because the government has made it illegal to buy or sell dollars which is the traditional currency for real estate.  Not only is fuel expensive but sometimes you must wait in line to get it.  The beef is no longer the best in the world but it is good.  The president seems intent upon turning Argentina into a Venezuela like country.   Each of the last several years we have experienced 25% inflation, give or take a point. 

To me, there just doesn't seem to be any good reason to live in Argentina at this time.

Hi Julien:

Reason 1: Argentina, at least in Cordoba is very peaceful and serene.
Reason 2: You can't ever starve here. Food here is affordable. All my utilities are less than 220 pesos. Financially, at least to me, it makes sense.
Reason 3: For the most part it's mainly one people in contrast to the variety and division of cultures I found more common in the States.
Reason 4: People are all around friendly.
Reason 5: The scenery is beautiful.