Best cities to live in Argentina

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Argentina. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Argentina.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Rosario!

Of course, it's the only city where I've "lived" in Argentina. I've visited a few of the other cities, but I will tell you that there is plenty to do in Rosario. You have parks, plazas, ice cream shops, restaurants, malls, museums, "futbol" stadiums, and so much more. The people are friendly and often willing to help, "just ask." Be sure to walk around as much as possible, but get a bus card and tour the city to give your feet a rest. 

I would recommend, if you are looking for a job, to print out 20 to 50 copies of your Resume (CV here) in Spanish, you might want to make at least 10 in English. Write out a short, general Cover Letter and go "directly" to each hotel, restaurant, or business that you are interested in, and leave them a copy. From what I've heard, it's the "best" way to get a job here, second only to "knowing someone."

Saludos!
George + Gaby

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote any services and external links on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

WOW! This is a tough one. Interesting about Rosario. I've heard that before. I for one LOVE Buenos Aires, but I have lived in Bariloche too and how can you beat such jaw dropping beauty. I have found people sweet and friendly both places.

Then there are the other cities to the south. I've spent time in Viedma and liked it, but we have friends there, which kind of colors your viewpoint. But it is the same there as far as sweet, friendly Argentines. The smaller, more remote towns are more reasonable to live. In Viedma you can buy food so inexpensively because you're plopped right down in a farming community.  Not only that, they plant producing trees in some areas on the public right of way and I have stood under an almond tree with my son and a friend and ate lunch--right off the tree. First time I ever ate almonds that fresh.

Cafayate in the north, where Doug Casey has established the expat community is interesting except it seems to me there is nothing much there, but if you like a town with nothing much there, it may well be perfect.

It's a tough job when you start trying to choose the best place. There are a lot of best places.  Arlean Kelley

Hi! We have lived in 2 cities; one in the province of Chaco and the other in Salta. Chaco is a very poor province and has horribly hot summers. It's dirty and dusty but the people are great. then recently we lived in Salta Capital and we loved it! The climate is wonderful, there are a lot of really good restaurants, and it has all kinds of charm. Being in the foothills of the Andes makes it easy for short getaways. It's a big enough city to have good infrastructure, supermarkets and a nice mall with a really nice movie theater. The people are great too. Personally I would opt for Salta any day!!

I love you Argentina

I would definitely recommend Buenos Aires, specifically the CABA region if you love big city life. B.A. offers the most job opportunities of any province and has a few more American restaurants than its neighboring provinces. Plus it's beautiful.

Carlos Paz is another option if you're looking for a quiet area to live in with some amazing scenery.

Cordoba is okay. The sierras are beautiful but you're bound to suffer a great deal more culture shock than in B.A. for example.

Swedish family with two kids take you on the word!

Probably the same in most civilized countries, with CV?

We plan for Uruguay but do not hesitate to Argentina, if we find friends who will guide us right?

Thanks to all who help each other...

Best Regards
Johan Pettersson