Documents for BSN no

Hey lo

Hope you well.

Ummm so I wanted to know that for the BSN No do we need to provide the Apostille marriage certificate (original doc) along with the other docs?

Further are there any other formalities than BSN no which will we will have to sort out before starting work in Netherlands?

As we are Indians and the original doc will be in India until we visit and collect it ourselves which will be only next year..

Since we have an Indian passport, how soon can we get the BSN No as I understand that we can't start working there unless we have the no!

Thanks

Hi again,

You need to make an appointment to register with the Gemeente; you need to do this within 5 days of arriving in the Netherlands.  When making your appointment to register you will be told the documents you will need to bring with you; these are normally:

Valid passport or ID card (not a driving licence).
Residence permit (if applicable, either a sticker in your passport, a plastic ID card or letter from IND).
Your rental contract for where you live.
A certified copy of your birth certificate.
Your foreign marriage certificate, certificate of registered partnership or divorce (as applicable).

Any of the above that are not in either Dutch, English, French or German, you will need to get an official translation into Dutch.  Governmental documents, such as your birth and/or marriage certificate, will also require proof of authenticity i.e. an apostille, which you will need to get before leaving your home country.

Actual receipt of your BSN will take up to 14 days; you can't work or open a bank account, or register with a doctor without the number.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks so much for this info.... helps a lot!!