English speaker : job opportunities in marrakech

Dear all,

I have been looking for jobs for a month now in the tourism industry, I have a wide experience in the field as a  receptionist and a lead manager. However, honestly I am not really a  fan of French language  (although I'm obliged to learn it and that is why I'm studying it in l'institut français) currently I am doing my best improving my French, but I need daily direct communication with a French speaker for me to improve faster.

Anyways, I was just wondering, aren't there any job opportunities for only English speakers in the tourism industry? Am I just wasting my time applying for jobs here in Morocco.

It is a bit frustrating as it has been weeks now and I haven't heard from anyone, could it be because it's low season in tourism?

Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you.

Sarahshayhani wrote:

Dear all,

I have been looking for jobs for a month now in the tourism industry, I have a wide experience in the field as a  receptionist and a lead manager. However, honestly I am not really a  fan of French language  (although I'm obliged to learn it and that is why I'm studying it in l'institut français) currently I am doing my best improving my French, but I need daily direct communication with a French speaker for me to improve faster.

Anyways, I was just wondering, aren't there any job opportunities for only English speakers in the tourism industry? Am I just wasting my time applying for jobs here in Morocco.

It is a bit frustrating as it has been weeks now and I haven't heard from anyone, could it be because it's low season in tourism?

Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you.

Hi , did try to make contact with Four seasons resort marrakesh. I remember they post jop for English people, on there website.

There aren't many opportunities for English only speakers as they don't make up the bulk of visitors to Marrakech.

Majority of the industry will require a working ability with the French language so you are able to deal with 3/4 of the influx of clients visiting.

It also depends where you are looking. The tourism industry is broad, from hotels to transportation, to tour guides etc.

It also depends if your working back or front office; this can give you some latitude in terms of using Google translate for replying to clients if you are working as admin (depending on the job).

Computer literacy is also a bonus, as well is a CV with no grammar, punctuation or layout mistakes; these stand out a mile and show a lack of diligence and attention to detail - for me, end up in the reject pile despite their potential suitability for the role.

Good luck!

hello sister  it's so hard to learn a new language but nothing is impossible i will do my best to help you i have been working in office of accountin so i know so many people but i wish to contact me soon  have a nice day

Hi Sarah

Long shot I know but I'm looking for someone part time to help promote and run a riad I have just rebuilt in the medina. If interested do get in touch and I'll give you more details. Just to manage expectations though it will be part time only.

Regards
Adrian