Starting a business in Morocco (Marrakesh)

Hello! I am a half moroccan currently living in Europe and I am considering starting a business in Marrakesh (or maybe another city in Morocco).

My main plan is to start a cafe/simple restaurant serving  mostly breakfast, lunch and snack meals. I have ideas on how to maybe make it a little different and more interesting than all other cafes there. I hope it can be visited by both tourists and locals, that's why I thought Marrakesh might be the right place, but I have some questions for those who either live in Morocco or have experience with moroccan business.

Around how much would this cost, if it is located in a kind of good/popular area?

Is this cafe a good idea or is it not really smart/wanted in Marrakesh (or other cities)?

Do you actually earn money on a cafe in Marrakesh (Morocco)? I have no dream to be rich but of course it would be nice with food and a roof over my head.

Any other business ideas that are more wanted and needed in Morocco right now?

Please share if you have any other tips or advice.
Thanks in advance!

I think, to get an idea, is to start searching online for (magasin a vendre Gueliz), or any other areas i Marrakech. get an idea of real estate prices through ads online.

Hello! I am from the USA and also interested in starting my own business in Marrakech. I am originally from marrakech and have some ideas. contact me via email or private message and we can share some ideas! xoxo

hi. i am interested in starting a restaurant in morocco. pls let me know if you have any advice. thx.

Look at you tube for

مشروع المقاهي في 45 دقيقة

This is Moroccan show discuss it in detail .. Cafe will cost from 200K-1000K  dollars or more.  It is hot market ..

I would love to do something.  UK grammar school educated. Disciplines. Politics accountancy and taxation

I could start a business selling English sausages

I could start a belly dance night club.

i have a guest house if  interested

Hello, where is your Riad , and what price monthly  to rent.

Gags1...
Regard the Belly Dancing night club.
Belly dancing is not even Moroccan.
As someone of actual "Middle Eastern" heritage ... when I see belly dancing in Morocco I sort of feel some cultural appropriation going on lol  :/ .   You don't see Syrian or Lebanese people walking around in Fes hats and trying to sell tagine  :whistle: .
When going to "clubs/ bars" in Morocco it just feels more sketchy.
I went to one in Rabat and I was not even dressed the way I would dress if going somewhere like that in Canada or the USA and I seriously felt uncomfortable and then realized that most if not all the women in there were sex trade workers.  It did not help that I walked in with 2 men.  So embarrassing.  Never again lol.
Your first idea was more logical lol.

not sure if i am allowed to  post my  website here  as an answer to valli25. but you can google guestvillamorocco and see

Hi,  this is me @model_Morocco if any needs any advice I've been here for ages. From London :) bed time of luck to all.

hi valli . not sure if the question you asked was drected to me . but if so please visit the site guestvillamorocco.ga  and you will find my contact info if any questions

Coffe amd restaurant is one of the top business that reallly work like a clock. There many website's you can look for and find restaurant or coffee for sell in a noce spot with a good traffic. If you need any help let me know