Purchased an expensive bed more than 8 months ago!

Hi everyone,

I write to seek advice on a very unfortunate situation I'm going through. Last November I purchased a very expensive bed from a store in Alexandrium Woonmall in Rotterdam (Victus beds of Sweden). We actually payed for the bed in full to get the best discount. They told us the bed would be delivered at our place within 2 months. After 3 months of not knowing anything about the bed, we decided to go back to the store in Rotterdam. We found out the store had closed and we freaked out. Of course the first thing that came to our mind was we were scammed by these people. We managed to find out the phone number of the owner, and we talked to him about the situation. He explained they had to relocate the store somewhere else and that we would receive our bed. Still, after many months of misery, where we would try to contact this person several times a day and he would ignore entirely our frustration, here we are still waiting for this bed. We honestly don't know what to do. Our fear is that this person files for bankruptcy and that we loose everything. We need urgent advice, perhaps we need to hire a lawyer and start a legal procedure against this person. We would really appreciate any info that can help us in this situation.

Hi Aaragon,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

There seem to be various companies trading with/including the name 'Victus Beds of Sweden', in and outside Rotterdam.

If you look at this page:

https://local.tourmake.nl/nl/victus-bed … -rotterdam

Here, reference is made to 'Victus Beds of Sweden', website at www.victusbeds.nl, now linking through to a company called 'Schaap en Andersson' located at Watermanweg 5,3067 GA Rotterdam, which I believe is in the Alexandrium Center.

I have no idea if this company has anything to do with the company you originally dealt with, but maybe worth checking out.

Did you pay via bank card/transfer or via credit card/PayPal? If by credit card/PayPal, you are protected if you don't receive your purchase.

Can you locate the company's kvk registration number? You can then see whether it is still trading and obtain its current address and contact information.

Good luck!

Awesome effort Anglodutch

Hmm I looked a bit further and it looks a bit too shady to me. Get your money back as soon as possible!
If he stalls for time say you get a lawyer and go to the rechtbank. Doesn't that help you really have to find  a lawyer and file it.

The Kamer van Koophandel number of the company Bed Concept B.V. says the company is new and founded at februari 25 2019 by L.M. V. citizen of Eindhoven.