The daycare premium - monthly discount

Hi all,

Does anyone know about the daycare premium for people who is working in Brussels? The daycare center called me and said if I am working in Brussels, I would enjoy the monthly discount on my invoice when sending my baby to the childcare.

The application for the daycare premium can only be made by a company. Not as a parent, Brussels will not pay it back then.
The company you work for must submit the application online to Brussels and pay the invoice of 4000€.
They get this 100% paid back by Brussels. And you as a parent can enjoy a monthly discount on you invoice.

http://werk-economie-emploi.brussels/nl … i_8YFGUnek

My company is still confused and not willing to pay 4000 euros upfront, so they haven't processed yet.
Anyone has experienced this, could explain how it works?

Thanks

Hi,

Never heard of this system. This is even surprising since it is not allowed to mention these daycare expenses as professional fees.

To obtain this tax reduction on your daycare expenses, you must meet several conditions:
- Your child is tax-dependent.
- You receive professional income or replacement income (unemployment, pensions, mutual benefits). If you receive a joint tax return and your spouse or legal co-worker receives professional or replacement income, the condition is met.
- The daycare or the welcoming is recognized, subsidized, controlled or placed under the supervision of a Belgian public institution (ONE, Kind en Gezin, Government of the German-speaking Community).

Remember to keep proof that you meet all of these conditions as well as proof of the costs incurred. Most nurseries give a certificate to parents, but this is not mandatory. Without this certificate, you can keep proof of the child's registration and payments made.

What discount?
- The tax reduction is 45% of the fees exposed over the year. Please note that the amount taken into account is capped at 11.20 euros per day. For example, if your child went to daycare for 200 days in 2018 at a cost of 15 euros per day, the 2019 tax reduction amounts to 1,008 euros (11.20 x 200 x 45%). If the nursery costs 9 euros per day, always for 200 days, then the tax reduction amounts to 810 euros (9 x 200 x 45%).
- If you receive a common tax return, the tax reduction is distributed between you and your legal spouse or cohabiting partner. Each receives a share of the reduction based on its share of the total reported income.

Don't forget the 11.20 max per day offsetting on child care is for all children up to age 12, in creche, before and after school care, holidsy stages, many different kinds of child care and recognized by several inspection bodies, not just kind en gezin or one for 3-12 year olds care

Additionally there are mutuelle reimbursements for holiday child care.

Additionally kind en gezin aldo now give cash refunds for attendance at k en g inspected creches up to 3 years old. It's a few euro per day.