Retirement planning: Looking to fill in some details

Hey all...
I have been visiting and hope to retire in Ukraine. Still some years away, but i'm making my financial plans ahead of time. Specific information from the internet can be fuzzy sometimes, so I am reaching out to folks with experience in the matters. Maybe someone here can fill in some blanks for me...

1) 401k/IRA: are distributions taxable as income by Ukraine? Or are they considered savings?

2) US social security: I know that there a hoops to jump through to receive payments. Any pensioners know the up-to-date rules involving online receiving, transferring, and exchanging for local currency?

Also, just to confirm that SS benefits are not taxable as income in UA

3) Local banking: what is the most effective way to establish a Ukrainian account? Has the iPhone age arrived in the Ukrainian banking system yet?

4) Hedging against exchange rates: my current assets are in USD...in my favor for now, but this could easily change. I am looking at the idea of government bonds and bank deposits in UAH to guard against the volatility. Since I would not be converting back to USD, exchange risk is not an issue. Any advice from experience?

Thanks in advance. Hoping to know you all soon :)

Hi Asoulan,
I may try to answer at questions No 3 and 4.
To open bank account and operate with it you should get Ukrainian ID-code. It would be better to open accounts and big ukrainian banks with foreign investments such as Ukrsibbank or Raiffaisen bank Aval.
Modern technologies are slowly entering Ukrainian banking system. The best options for Internet-banking has such banks as Privat bank or Monobank.

I don't think it is possible for non-resident to purchase Ukrainian government bonds, but it is possible to open deposit in ukrainian bank.
Interest rates for deposits are very different. For foreign currency (USD or EUR) it could be from 1 to 4% per year. For local currency (UAH) it could be 12-15% per year.

Hi!
Please please don't do any of those -,I'm an expat been living in Ukraine 🇺🇦 for more than 1 year, my money and pension are safely paid into a Uk bank account and when I need money I just go to atm - no problem .  Do not take your money to Ukraine banks - you'll be back in USA within a year with nothing.
It is great here though - great people, everything so cheap - but don't invest your money here Jesus