Working in Thailand (tax, recruitment, regions, ...)

Hello,

I'm from Belgium, I work as a software developer for a consultancy.
I want to move to Thailand because I can't live with my girlfriend (who is from Thailand) here in Belgium (laws, visa's and so on).

I read a lot of information already but some details remain unclear to me, I was hoping somebody could clarify them for me (please answer about the topics you know off) .

The recruitment process: I realize this differs from company to company but what can I expect in general, will online interviews (conference calls) be enough to get the paperwork singed or should I expect to go there in person?

Region: What regions can I expect to find a job at, I found that Chiang Mia and Bangkok have jobs in my sector, are there any other places?

Taxes: I found the bracket information, but is it a flat tax like in the US (just x% based on your income off your income) or an incremental tax like in my country (150000 - 300000 at 5%, the next 300000-500000 at 10% and so on)?

Job income: I assume the negotiate amount of monthly income is not taxed yet?

Visa: I assume the employer will help me and I don't have to go there before I'm hired and my visa is arranged?

Housing: I understand that some employers offer housing and that the benefit of the housing is added to your taxable income, Any other things I should be aware of?

Insurances: Most insurances are provided by the employer, but what about an pension fund? When I work here I Belgium the government will grant me a pension when I get old, how does it work in Thailand?

Thank you for any information, feel free to ask more details.

Hi there
im Thami from thailand.  its good to hear you would like to move here with your love one. i recently manage to move my bf from german here.  in your case, to get work permit before you come, in my reference, its rare, but possible with big company.  some of my foreign friends come here with tourist visa and get a job later, they just have to go out of country nearby and come back just to change the type of visa from tourist to work permit.

the recruitment is varied, as for thai company they prefer to see you in person but for international it is very open, video interview is accepted.

Region doesnt matter, just wherever your work is but i find Chiangmai is way nicer, first of all the weather, people, and it is close to border (just in case you have to do border stamp every 3 months by yourself.  but some company hires agency to do your working permit, so you dont need to do visa run by yourself, they just take your passport and do the border stamp for you)

Tax stuff, im sure that the range is based on nationality. European should earn 40K baht or 1200euro minimum.

this is example of Thai tax
Income (THB)/yr           Tax (%)
0-150,000                 No Tax
150,001-300,000            5%
300,001-500,000          10%
500,001-750,000          15%
750,001-1,000,000      20%
1,000,001-2,000,000   25%
2,000,001-5,000,000   30%
5,000,001++           35%

Income is really based on your experience and the negotation.

pention, not every company has it, but i know an american friend, he work for international company in thailand for long time and he got this pension.  As a thai one, the pension is only provided only if you work in such a nice company or govenment for very long time.

hope it helps. and good luck.

Hi Thami thank you for the reply  :)
I will start applying for jobs shortly, I will share my experience later