UK to Thailand Registered Nurse

Hello,

I am a UK registered nurse and my husband and I are considering moving to Thailand for a while. We are not looking to earn big bucks, just enough to enjoy a simple enough life there. Not entirely sure where but we like Chiang Mai a lot. Has anyone any experience of working as a nurse there from the UK?

The faculty of nursing at Chiang Mai university should be able to (assist you) to transfer your license to a Thai one. That would be sufficient.

Wages are not high, but you could be a great asset through your language ability in English and the many foreign (elderly)patients. That could turn into gold when you speak Thai as well

google; ling ; and learn

Hello,
I am a UK registered nurse and my husband and I are considering moving to Thailand for a while. We are not looking to earn big bucks, just enough to enjoy a simple enough life there. Not entirely sure where but we like Chiang Mai a lot. Has anyone any experience of working as a nurse there from the UK?

-@Paula Wilson

A transfer of a license is not how it works.

From Google: The short version:

"A nursing competencies assessment and licensure examination is needed. Once passing this examination, you will be granted a license for nursing/midwifery in Thailand."

There are loads of websites about this.

But if not speaking a word in Thai will make it "almost" impossible to work in a common Thai hospital. And the salary sucks big time.