Artist working in Thailand

Can a retired O visa Artist still work in Thailand?

You're not supposed to, but many do anyway. What kind of artist?

I'M ALSO AN ARTIST AND MUSICIAN-LETS TALK ?

I was an artist's model for over a decade. So, I'm into figure drawing. Now, I teach math, science, and English and let my wife do all the artist stuff for our home business. I will advise her on things like design and images, but she does all the computer graphic stuff.

Can I see some of your Art work?  We are looking for some wall Art.  Patrick.  ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange your contact details by using the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

if you want to paint draw sculpt then go for it

it's only when you sell stuff that it could be considered working

I have a dozen or so paintings sitting on the floor of my house and do it for fun and relaxation

it's not against the law

Selling your artwork here might be considered against the law. It might come under Thai law protecting Thai handicrafts. Even if you do artwork not related to Thai handicrafts, it might be considered something artistic that would take artist possibilities away from Thai artists. I would look into it first.

taking a photo could be considered art and sellable and then it becomes ridiculous

Imagine I eat at a restaurant and then post that to my google as a local advisor - google makes money -the restaurant gets new clients based on my artistic shot of food on the plate - everything has value - if you are not commercially selling I don't see an issue

Yeah, but in his original post he used the word 'work' implying he's intending to sell his artwork.
"Can a retired O visa Artist still work in Thailand?"
Taking a personal photo at a restaurant may not come under work since it's hard to identify what monetary gain you are receiving from that photo. Even if it's being used on Facebook or Google in an ad, what monetary value has that photo created? It's hard to determine an exact amount, and it can be argued it was just a personal photo owned by the user and used only by the user. I don't see the Thai authorities trying to police that. However, if you make artwork and intend to sell it for money, that would be illegal and they might decide to crack down on that. Again, it would depend on the amount of money. They would not prosecute if the monetary value is a small amount.

Are artist a protected occupation in Thailand that restrict all sales of art of foreigners? Are there any caveats to this if so? Does the type of visa or education matter? Thanks in advanced.

Are artist a protected occupation in Thailand that restrict all sales of art of foreigners? Are there any caveats to this if so? Does the type of visa or education matter? Thanks in advanced.
-@Matthew Tucker

Define artist. As a foreigner you're not allowed to sit in a street corner selling your own paintings. Just an example.

I have a few visa questions. Is there a freelance visa for Thailand?

I have a few visa questions. Is there a freelance visa for Thailand?
-@Aaron Feldsteen

If you mean a so called Nomad visa,then the answer is no.

@STOSHIO

Hi

Im a musician playing guitar and singing with my backing tracks

Im married with a thai women...

Next week I  will have my married visá...

How I must do to have a permit work to work like a musician...

Any one can help me please

Thank you

Have a read

https://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2 … 606EN.pdf/

art 7,16

@STOSHIO
HI
IM A MUSICIAN PLAYING GUITAR AND SINGING WITH MY BACKING TRACKS
IM MARRIED WITH A THAI WOMEN...
NEXT WEEK I  WILL HAVE MY MARRIED VISÁ...
HOW I MUST DO TO HAVE A PERMIT WORK TO WORK LIKE A MUSICIAN...
ANY ONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE
THANK YOU

-@FERNANDO BLANCO

You must be hired by someone or a company to be able to get a work permit. There's no wp for musicians per se.