Looking for suggestions to renew occupation permit

Hi, I am indian working in Mauritius and have two school going kids in mauritius. My occupation permit expires on October however I want to stay one more month extra till November as my kids school will ends on November. is there any rules for extension of permit one more month extra or I have to apply for dependent permit on husband as my husband also has occupation permit. As I am quitting the job and will go back india but cant leave my kids unless their schools terms are not finished. Please guide?

Hi,

I'm not sure if an Occupation Permit can be extended for a month. Moreover, it would be pointless to go though the whole renewal process at this stage to stay for only one month.

I would suggest you contact the Passport and Immigration Office to see if you can still remain in the country for some time after your OP has expired.

If this can't be done and if you don't mind spending some money, then a trip to India or any other country and then back to Mauritius on a tourist visa can do the job.

Hello

I think you have 30 days to leave as from the date of expiration of permit, that gives you the extra time for your kids to finish their term. I am not affirmative though, good if someone can enlighten.

Thank you :)

Lara_Clette wrote:

Hello

I think you have 30 days to leave as from the date of expiration of permit, that gives you the extra time for your kids to finish their term. I am not affirmative though, good if someone can enlighten.

Yes, that is correct. You have 30 days after your permit has expired to leave the Country.

Mauritius immigration generally give you 30 days to leave the country after the expiry of your occupation permit.