Short Term Malta Work

Hi all,

New member her so forgive my ignorance.

I am moving to Malta for two months. August - September this year. I plan to still work whilst I'm over there and wanted to know what I might need for this?

Being a EU Citizen I understand that I don't need a work permit, however, I have seen on old forums (2012) that you need an ID card however they were quite outdated and didn't know if anything has changed?

I understand two months is an awkward amount of time. I am keen to do any work be it retail, bar work, telemarketing so I'm not fussy.

Any help is appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Tim

The card is a residence card not an ID card you would not get one if you are only here for two months as you need a permanent address.

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your job hunting in Malta.

As GozoMo correctly stated, you will not need to apply for a residence card if you are only going to be in Malta for two months. Applying for a residence card is required only by non-Maltese citizens who intend to reside legally in Malta for a period which is longer than three months.

When you take up employment in Malta, your new employer will need to register your employment with the Maltese Jobs Plus by submitting an Engagement Form.

In case of a European Union (EU) National – who is joining the Maltese labour market for the first time, either a photocopy of the Maltese residence card or photocopy of their passport and their National Insurance Number is required for this registration.

If an EU National working in Malta opts to pay National Insurance abroad, then the A1 Certificate (or E101) which certifies which social security legislation applies to the holder of the form, needs to be submitted together with this Engagement Form, so you may wish to apply for this before you leave for Malta.

Hope this helps.