Schengen visa

Good day, please can you advice me . I am holding a South African passport and would like to apply for a Schengen visa to visit Czech Republic for a short holiday. Is it possible for me to apply for this visa in Mauritius?
Best regards
Graeme

Good day

Yes you can do it at the Czech Republic consulate located in Port Louis.

Czech Honorary Consulate, Mauritius

Southbond Shipping Agency Limited
MFD Business Centre
Freeport Zone 5, Mer Rouge
Port Louis

Tel: (+230) 206 39 88
Fax: (+230) 206 3990

E-Mail: [email protected]

Thank you kindly Winston. I will do the nessasary .

Hi Winston, just to let you know I went there and they cannot hellp with a Schengen visa with South African passport but thanks again. Best regards Graeme

Oh sorry about that.

Did they tell you why?

Just curious

Do you really need to go and apply to Czech Republic for Schengen?  I thought you could apply it with French Embassy as well - I'm unsure (but worth a phone call) to check if there's a condition that you should commence your journey from France if French Embassy has issued Schengen Visa.

Hi Cajt

Given that Mauritian passport holders can travel visa free to the Schengen countries, I can't really tell you myself.

However I found this useful link:

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/where- … plication/

This is what it says:

{

How to figure out where to apply for a Schengen visa?
The three following factors are determinative on where you should file your Schengen visa application:

The number of countries you will be visiting
The number of days you will be spending in each
The country where you will step in first, in case you visit more than one of the Schengen member states
After having clear three factors given above, then you will be able to decide where to apply, according to the following rules:

If you are planning to visit only one country – then you need to apply at the diplomatic representation of the Schengen you will be visiting, located in your country of residence.
If you are planning to visit more than one country – then where you need to apply depends on the number of days you will be spending in each of the states you will be staying.
When spending an equal amount of days in each – then you need to apply at the diplomatic representation of the country where you will arrive first.
When spending unequal amount of days in each – then you will need to apply at the diplomatic representation of the country where you will be spending more time.

}