Buffett de la gare

Good afternoon from Germany,

I will visit Addis Abeba (and other places) from August 24th until September15th.

It will be my first time.

About accomodation: I heard about Buffett de la gare ( It should be a hotel and resaturant included).

Does anybody know this house?

Is it recommendable?

How to contact?

Any other hints?

thanks

blackypop

Hi and welcome on board blackypop!

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon!

Regards
Armand

Hi Blackypop,
buffet de la gare is an old hotel located at the heart of the city (The location itself is called la gare). Every cab driver knows the place as it is an old one. It is not one of the fanciest hotels, but some ppl like it for its old (classic?) style. It is one of the budget hotels in Addis with rooms as low as $15-20.

Hope this helps. If you need further info, let me know.
Suave.

I will be very happy to here about your visit to Addise Ababa ,Please call me when you arrive to Addis I will be with you and talk about your visit Thank you yours Ayele.

Hi, yes, it is a very old hotel and it is cheap. The location is quiete convenient. I would recommand Taitu hotel if you would like to stay in older places with athmosphere. Taitu hotel is in Piazza area, also quiete central and lately they are renovating it step by step. There are many different rooms in different price categories, it has a nice restaurant, bar and terras with a nice view. And recently there is a jazz club opened in the building. I think this is a better place also to meet other tourists and local, if you like that.

Mari-lou68,

And do you know that Taitu Hotel is the first Hotel in Ethiopia?

@Mari-lou68

Excellent view

Hi, yes, it is a very old,classic and it is cheap. The location is quiete convenient. I would recommand Taitu hotel if you would like to stay in older places with athmosphere. Taitu hotel is in Piazza area, also quiete central and lately they are renovating it step by step. There are many different rooms in different price categories, it has a nice restaurant, bar and terras with a nice view. And recently there is a jazz club opened in the building. I think this is a better place also to meet other tourists and local, if you like that.

If anyone who wants help in this regard i am there happily well come you!!

Hello nigusv,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for sharing your views but unfortunately this discussion was last active 11 years ago.

I invite you to browse on the Ethiopia forum. You will many new and interesting discussions there.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team