Rent a flat or a house in Addis Ababa

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Addis Ababa. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Addis Ababa.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Addis Ababa?

How to find a home in Addis Ababa: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Renting a house isn't very easy, you have also to be cautious and patient. You should negotiate the price because sometimes the owners exaggerate.

Take your time while searching, don't stick for a sole specific area, You should have options and alternatives.

Houses in areas considered to be good are expensive, a house (3 bedrooms - G+1) can cost 2000 -3000$

\\\\\\\you will need a broker who gets (1/2 the monthly rent for 6 months payment and one monthly rent for 12 months payment)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Finding a house is not really hard but costs are getting higher and higher after the Ethiopian millennium.Better is to check the local English newspapers together with advertisements in some selected supermarkets and hotels or restaurants.

Asres(international home math tutor)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hello,  I will be arriving in Addis in June for holidays with my wife and my four daughter. We plan on staying a one months and 15 days and are looking for an apartment there. Does anyone have any information on how I would do this? Or know someone who can help us to get this apartment

Speak/Email Bubbi the owner of the Lions Den Hotel:

thelionsdenhotel.com

She has  4 bed furnished house (short term let) in the centre of Addis that should suit your needs - if you want it for 6 weeks expect to pay $35 a day -  or look for properties at:

ezega.com/RealEstate

It is better to look once you arrive. Personally I would stay at the Lions Den for a couple of weeks and look for a home. There are plenty available for rent - but most are advertised locally.

Hello,i'm looking for a flat to rent so if u have 1 i would love to rent it tnx.

Hello Wondimagegn and welcome to Expat.com!

Could you please post an advert in the Housing in Addis Ababa section? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I have a three bed room house in Jemo III, and any one wish to rent am ready to negotiate with very fair price.
Thank you,
[email protected]

Hi  grumzemen,

Please post your advert in the Housing in Addis Ababa section, it might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

Thank you David.I did it.

Moderated by Chris 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum + post your ad under the Housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Call Mashresha at Ethio Rental .. Shekar Buldling  He was very patient and the price and rentals were very accurate realethio.com/

It is not easy to find something that suits you.

hello, i am in Addis since 2 months now; i work here 20 days every month and commute back to Belgium the rest of the month.
My job doesn't have regular schedule; i work sometimes very early in the morning, or often all night; also on weekends.I am looking for some more friendly place to stay as i am living in a hotel for now. I must be close to the airport(for my job) and close to a gym as otherwise i will get crazy.I am quite and a social person.Suggestions welcome!

Hello, i work in Solomon Zewdu Shipping And Freight Forwarding Agent
If you need any support around this service including Packing & moving locally Location please let me know