Looking to rent 3 br house in ET in Sept.

Does anyone have any leads?

Hi jahoilett,

I suggest you to view the Addis Ababa classifieds > accommodation section and post an advert there as well.

Good luck
Christine

where in ET would be the first thing you need to specify, also your budget
over the internet you will not find anything cheap,
In Addis it usually takes a couple of weeks and you will have to look at many houses before you'll find something decent and affordable (unless you work for an embassy or a large Aid agency with a big housing budget)

Well I have a budget of $250-275USD. I'm not sure about the areas. I need a little guidance as relates to areas within this budget.

is that a monthly or weekly budget ?

Prices for expats standard housing here is quite expensive ..
you would need to share a house/apartment at that price.

A taste is here ezega.com  ..normally more expensive.

at the end you normally need to deal with a broker on the ground

It's my monthly budget. Do you have broker referrals? Can you recommend anyone trustworthy?

it is very small budget and you have not specified it you want  a house in Addis or in a small town/rural location

I would really advise you against looking for a house online like this. And 3 bedroom in Addis even in the cheaper areas will be more than your budget, maybe you can get a 2 bedroom for that price, but in an older neighbourhood and a house in not such a great condition.

It took me 2 months to find a suitable house, and I have a two bedroom place for 6000 birr (360 dollars)

my colleague down the street, who speaks fluent Amharic, got her two bedroom place for 4500 (270 dollars)

and these were very good deals

and bear in mind that you have to usually pay at least a couple of months at a time, I pay 4 months, some people pay 6, some owners ask for 12 months and if you use a broker, which is the only way to go, you have to give 1 months rent to them (if you rent for 12 months, 1/2 months rent if you rent for 6 months).

I think you may have to re-consider  your budget

Living in Addis is not a must for me. but I've found some promising locations in an area outside Addis called Ayat. Do you know anything about this area?

It is a nice area and the houses are new, but you might need a car to get around.

ayat, is modern area and the houses are expensive and as ethiopianamerican said u need private car to travel there every day.

jahoilett

Ayat is one of the areas with recently constructed houses and compounds . on average, a two bed room villa currently costs about Birr 6,000 ($350). The area is secured and comfortable for residence. However, as it is farther from the city center, you need a private car.

Suave.