Emigration to Mauritius/residence permit/establishment of a company

Hello dear forum users, hello dear Mauritius citizens,

me and my family (EU citizen) plan to emigrate to Mauritius soon. Now the question how to do that (get the allowance to live in mauritius)?

Is it true that if you have NOT millions available for an investment, as well as you are under 50 years old, the only way to live in Mauritius is to apply for an occupation permit and start a company and hire yourself as an employe?

Establish a company like Global Business Company 1 (GBC1), need to put an initial investment of 35.000 Dollar  in the company and apply for the occupation permit? Then hires yourself in the company and pays yourself a salary or pays yourself a dividend? Is my conclusion correct?

P.s. I already have an existing company in Online Marketing (but income comes from europe). I just would need to change the company to mauritius.

No sir, you have mixed-up the different schemes. I'll try to be as explicit in red below.

Philippinesgo wrote:

Hello dear forum users, hello dear Mauritius citizens,

Is it true that if you have NOT millions available for an investment, as well as you are under 50 years old, the only way to live in Mauritius is to apply for an occupation permit and start a company and hire yourself as an employe?
Hiring yourself for your own company is called Work Permit and not Occupation Permit. You can also find a job in another company, if you earn MUR60,000 per month (or MUR30,000 in ICT sector) then you get Occupation Permit, if below that level you get to Work Permit

Establish a company like Global Business Company 1 (GBC1), need to put an initial investment of 35.000 Dollar  in the company and apply for the occupation permit? Then hires yourself in the company and pays yourself a salary or pays yourself a dividend? Is my conclusion correct?If you are establishing a company (whatever designation ' GBC' or 'DOMESTIC') you will need to be an Investor and show USD100,000 as capital. the USD35,000 refers to self-employed permit not a company

P.s. I already have an existing company in Online Marketing (but income comes from europe). I just would need to change the company to mauritius.

if you are a qualified IT person, then using the existing online marketing, you could apply for a Self-employed Occupation permit : USD35,000 to show as investment and MUR600,000 as revenue for 1st two years, thereafter MUR1,200,000