US Tourist Visa for Wife to Expire...

Hello,
My wife and myself arrived in Brussels almost 3 months ago. I just received my National Number which was needed to complete our health insurance process. That process should take about 10 days. Our visa expires in 12 days.

For my wife's paperwork this proof of health insurance is the last piece of paperwork we need to submit her visa request.

My question, if she needs to return back to US, how long does she have to wait before she can return to Brussels and finish her visa request? We really don't want to redo the whole process, I know the FBI report is valid for 6 months (3 months now) and same for the medical.  Can she return to the US stay for a few weeks, return to Brussels and finish the application? Since all she needs is this one paper that hopefully will come in 2 weeks.

Any ideas are welcome.

Hi, your wife does not have to return to the USA even if the tourist visa expires if you are in the family reunion process as that is how the Belgian system works. It will always take more than 3 months to get a result. On the contrary, she should not leave Belgium at all until she gets her residence card. Once she leaves Belgium, she risks her application being cancelled and also not able to return back for the next 3 months as she has utilised 90/180 days of her stay in Schengen Zone.

Ok thank you for clarifying this info.!