About taking legal action

Salam ailekum.I have a situation here. I have been employed in Bahrain. And after one month of employment my first employer allowed me to mobilise to another employer.

Now due to some issues, I had to come to India without completing my contract(completed 6 months only) and my Second employer terminated my contract. I got a call from another new employer to which he applied my VISA.. Now my first employer is asking to take legal action against me.

But I dont understand how it mean anyway. I mean I am anyway applied with new employer visa. How it is gonna a legal action against me??

The first employer may have reported you as absconding i.e. being absent from work for more than 15 days.  If that has been registered then you won't get a visa to Bahrain.  You need to get in touch with LMRA and rectify this if this indeed is the case.

Thank you for your advice XTang sir. But I may add here that I have already got visa from another employer. It is showing valid employment visa in LMRA express service as well as the company has sent me the visa copy. I will travel Bahrain very shortly. Also I have checked the portal on employee ban which clearly shows there is no verdict or court case that prohibits me to travel Bahrain.

In this case do you think sir, I still need to talk to LMRA?? Also I dont understand how my First employer after giving mobility, can take legal action against me while my Second employer has terminated the contract.

I hope I am able to clearly communicate my situation to your goodself. In case of any doubt kindly let know. Thanking you in advance.

If you have the visa from the new employer, then there is nothing they can do from the perspective of LMRA.

The only legal action that they have is breach of contract and that depends on what clauses were in your contract.  The thing that comes to mind is the non-compete clauses which are applicable if you joined a direct competitor of theirs.   However, keep in mind that sometimes unethical employers can do many things to create problems for you e.g. report that you stole something from them.  Nothing will happen if you are innocent but you will waste time and money clearing your name.

Thank you XTang Sir. As per your advice I choosed better employer this time. I hope this time whatsoever how hard it will be I will continue for a longer term. And yes, I never expected so much unprofessional employers exist in Bahrain. I mean I am never rude, but some employers have not at all ethical value for their employees.

Also XTang Sir. I would like to thank you for all your threads and responses. All are just so good to understand and many of the complications I cleared thru your threads.  You really worth a million dollar mirror to share your all valuable advices. Thank you very much again..

You are welcome. Good luck.