Visa for Partner

Hi All,

Currently in process to apply at IND for my wife, I've two question.

1- Who usually should pay for the Visa and application fees ? Is this the company I'm working for or by myself ?

2- How much the fees are supposed to be for the whole process ?

Thanks In advance

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm assuming you're talking about a skilled-migrant visa; these are applied for by your new employer and they will pay the fees on application; whether you have to pay them back is between you and them.

This application costs € 285.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi again.

I just noticed you specifically asked about your partner's visa; these should be applied for by your new employer at the same time as yours; if they don't, he/she will have to go through the family visa system which will take longer.

Who pays for it - again, it's between you and your new employer, there is no law regarding this

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,

Thanks for your reply, Any Idea about the fees and process for the family visa system ?
I read about exam, Is this something needed? I'm already  here as skilled-migrant .

Hi again.

Cost for an individual family visa is € 171.

You can read about it at this link.  Within that link is a further link to who is exempt from the integration (language) exam; this link will take you straight there; one of the exemptions is "You intend to apply for residence with a family member who has a residence permit for a temporary purpose of stay." - paid employment is a temporary category of visa, so yes, I think she will be exempt.

I know that had they applied for her visa at the same time as yours, she would not have had to go through the integration exam.

You can apply for her visa online using your DigiD that you got when you registered with the Gemeente.

All that said, it would be really useful for her to learn Dutch.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat team