Bahrain self sponsorship visa for retirees

Hi. I am an expat living in Bahrain ..I will be retiring soon and would like to apply for a retirement self sponsored residence permit. I am aware of the requirements but would like to get some clarification about the following:
1. For the required monthly income, can I use my bank savings to show that I have enough funds to support me for at least 5 years? I do not have a pension from my country of origin.
2. How long does it take to get the permit as I will be resigning soon and I know that I have only 30 days grace period before my current iqama is cancelled .

Any help would be much appreciated

There are many threads for the same topic.

For 1, I will let someone else answer as the requirements keep changing.  Nowadays, I have heard that they ask for inflows in the account.

On point 2, it takes anywhere from 1 to 3 months.

Thanks for the info.
Can I leave the country & come back on a visit visa once the residence permit is ready? Wont there be a conflict between the visit & resident permit visas ???

Check with immigration.  But residence permit is stamped when you are in the country.  What they issue otherwise is a paper visa which on arrival is converted to a residence permit.