RP-Talent but funemployed

Hi, I'm holding this seemingly prestigious RP-Talent and yet employers don't seem to know what it is and try to hire me under the impression that I'm a dependent..

I've contacted recruiters and keep applying to job ads (to which no one responds) - recruiters are equally confused at what an RP-Talent might be and simply don't respond.

Now, I'm not a returning local, just one of those lucky expats who just loves Malaysia.

Is there any particular place that I can turn to to find suitable employment... As in, a place that understands what kind of visa i have.

Put in your CV and application for jobs you don't need a work permit as you have a legally valid one.

These days still cannot employ you if Malaysian can do the job.

Just read your profile. Problem is training is quite culural and although the industry is large and profitable there are many local candidates in this field now. You are not English mother tongue for teaching that subject which is an issue. Hopefully something will turn up soon for you.

Is it correct though to offer me a local salary for a position that is open to expats? The argument is that I'm an expat who is already in the country.

Is it correct though to offer me a local salary for a position that is open to expats? The argument is that I'm an expat who is already in the country.
If being on a talent visa still means that i can't be hired if a local can do the job i must assume that i still qualify as an expat.

However, when it comes to the hiring procedure I'm being classified as local?

I'm currently being offered a position at a local salary with no particular expat benefits and rm5 EPF for the first two years. I clarified that i wasn't local and that hiring an expat would cost more.

It was explained that they were aware of me not being local and that I am under talentcorp Visa (i think they think I'm a dependent) and that the package offered was for expats already in the country.

Is that correct? Does an expat in the country no longer qualify as expat?

Expats (foreigners) don't have any special status in the job market even if on the Talentcorp visa. There are rarely any perks or expat packages these days. EPF rules allow minimal contributions for foreigners

So there's no particular advantage in having a talent visa... Despite it having high requirements, other than being able to stay in the country.

The advantage is the employer does not need an expat quota to employ every foreigner so theoretically there are more potential employers and jobs available to holders.