Work as nurse in Canada. need help.

hi everyone!! im a registered nurse from Philippines, and i like to become a migrant or work in Canada hospital either nurse or any healthcare positions available or even in a nursing home as well. I find it hard to seek some helpful info's. well anyone here? can give some helpful tips about my query?

Hi rhyanx'rn,

Welcome to Expat-blog!

I have introduced your topic as a new thread on the Canada forum for better visibility.

I hope other members will be able to help you.

I wish you good luck
Christine

thank you =)

Hi Welcome to Expat.com kabayan. Are you currently working in your field. under Federal skilled working category one must have an experience in his field for the last at least two years or so. Go to their immigration official website :   http://www.cic.gc.ca

That is a very helpful website then, if you think you are qualified to look for an employer here's the website for the Job Bank.
http://www.Job bank.com

Goodluck!

You can apply under the skilled Federal worker however I think they have reached their quota on Registered Nurses according to the website www.cic.gc.ca. A lot depends on if you have been working as a Registered Nurse and also your nursing education. My advice is to start applying for registration here. It would be helpful to have an idea which province you would like to move to and then apply for registration as each province has their own registration body. A bit of advice though some provinces are not employing Registered Nurses at the moment even Canadians. You can't work here as a nurse without registration. If your education is not up to what they require or they are unsure of your skills you may have to undertake assessments as a Internationally Educated Nurse program and possible workshops. You will most probably have to undertake an English test as well.

I have been through this process and had to do it all by myself. I also started inquiring at hospitals in the area if they had any permanent full time positions. If they have then the health region can apply to the governemnt for a Labour Market Opinion. You can then get your work permit which will restrict you to only working at the specified hospital. If you get one of these and you have your registration then you can work as a nurse. To start with you would be employed as a Graduate Nurse until you undertake the CRNE and pass it.
I hope this advice helps