New members of the Vietnam forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

My name is Michael, II am from the great state Texas, U.S.A.      Been living in Nha Trang for 10 months now.   Basically retired,  get bored a lot probably need to find something to do.   Really have not met any expats,  all I see are a lot of tourists.   Possibly something could come of this so I signed up!    looking for housing at the moment.....

Hello Jack, my name is Michael from America.    I signed up on this only Yesterday.   I have been in Nha Trang for ten months now.   Like you I researched it on line and just showed up.   Biggest draw backs would be the tourist and construction.    Granted it can be a lot more expensive than what you read on line,  being the #1 beach in  Vietnam  the beach area would be the most expensive.   But the farther you go into town it balances itself out.    The city is larger than you think, you read 400,000 people but there has to be over 600,000 population.    Any questions you may have feel free to reach out...

Hello mihail 19 Michael here. I also live in Nha Trang, been here 10 months...

BIGGDOGG wrote:

Hello mihail 19 Michael here. I also live in Nha Trang, been here 10 months...

Keep coming back...

I am Michael from USA just arrived a few days ago to Ho Chi Minh.  Hello everyone!

Hey Hi, Good to read from you. Your venture sounds pretty interesting though. i was also searching for some one like your venture. reply back if you are interested.

Hi Miggie  Chan, welcome to HCMC, i am an Indian staying here since January'19. Feel Free to ask anything. we all ready to give any kinds of informations to you.

you download applications like GRAB or GOVIET from playstore, its like UBER of Vietnam, it will best to travel around within the city limits

Hi Grace Hog, welcome aboard, Nice to meet you too. be in touch. :-)

Hi, food scene is awesome to new non vegetarian delicacy. if you are an vegetarian then you get some vegetarian restaurants too here. you ask what cuisine do you prefer, then i can be of some help to you. thanks

PankajGupta5d wrote:

Hi, food scene is awesome to new non vegetarian delicacy. if you are an vegetarian then you get some vegetarian restaurants too here. you ask what cuisine do you prefer, then i can be of some help to you. thanks

PLEASE learn to use the QUOTE function.

You are obviously reading through the thread and replying to posts of interest to you.

However, because you aren't quoting the post to which you are replying, no one has a clue as to the context of your post.

Thanks!

Hi Md Sofian, settling here is quite easy, people here are quite friendly and warm, hope you are socializing and meeting people and going around, do meet people and go to places, then it will be easy to settle down

PankajGupta5d wrote:

i hope its right this time is it ??

PankajGupta5d wrote:
PankajGupta5d wrote:

That IS how you quote.

However, you are quoting yourself.

I'm saying, IF you are replying to a post, quote THAT post, so we can see THAT post, as well as your reply.

Welcome!

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
PankajGupta5d wrote:
PankajGupta5d wrote:

That IS how you quote.

I'm saying, IF you are replying to a post, quote THAT post, so we can see THAT post, as well as your reply.

Welcome!

Thanks a lot for such a learning guidance, i appreciate....respect. :-)

PankajGupta5d wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
PankajGupta5d wrote:

That IS how you quote.

Welcome!

Thanks a lot for such a learning guidance, i appreciate....respect. :-)

You are an expert now! 😎👍

Hello, I am Jason. I am living in Malaysia and hope to move to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam soon.

I am looking for job openings and would like to settle down in District 7.

Hello Lupe Lupe /C-Dub /LA here. Been traveling in and out of the Pacific Rim for the last 31 years. Ready to base myself in Vietnam in the near future.  Maybe we will meet up sometime in the future.

Hello,

Not currently living in Vietnam but I'm looking to relocate there towards the middle or end of August 2019!

Currently planing to fly to Vietnam (Hanoi) from New York City around 8/2. Get a motor bike and travel south to HMC and then settle in this city for awhile.

I am looking to meet cool people and make few friends in Vietnam who enjoy a good conversation and fun company.  Also looking for opportunities for work.

My passions lay in circus and entertainment. Skilled stilt walker and Ringmaster. I have experience running a company (Started 2 of them The Imperial OPA  - theimperialopa.com and the Circus School thecircusschool.com), skilled in teaching and teaching circus arts, and making art.

I do enjoy working in a team of creative people and doing fun things. :D

If you want to connect, send me a message, it would be a delight to chat.

Cheers~
-T

I'm currently vacationing in Da Lat, Da Nang and Hue. I'm retired and live in AZ and fell in love with Da Nang. I'm considering relocation, but have no clue about pitfalls, problems some may have had in their move.

Thanks for the welcome, Julien, I'm a retired US Federal employee and am currently visiting Danang. I'm thinking of perhaps spending time living in Danang and living in US - perhaps six months each.

Hi All,

My name is Oliver. I am considering a move to Danang). My wife is Vietnamese and we presently reside in Australia. I have worked in IT for 25+ years. I am thinking of teaching english over here. Not sure how to go about this hence the join to expat.com.

Hello

I'm Sean and in the not too distant future we're (the wife too!) planning to move to Vietnam.

My passion is football coaching which I have 13 years experience in, as well as working with international students for language schools and Universities in various roles. I have a CELTA, but not a degree (got a diploma eq. 2 years) so not sure on my prospects teaching wise. I'd like to pursue a job in football ideally.

My wife has two degrees, MA, CELTA DELTA and 10 years teaching/business experience so she will have no problems!

Joined up to have a read and ask a few questions :)

Hello everyone.

I am Kelvin a mauritian working the Seychelles island and i would like to work in Vietnam.

I'm actually working as accountant in a hotel here and i an soliciting your help.

Hi, I'm Warren.

I'm new here :D

I'm from South Africa and I'm very keen to move to Vietnam with my family.

I'm a UI/UX designer and my Wife is an English teacher.

Hi,

My name is Marco, retired from Italy and I decided to move to Vietnam.
i wish to invest some capital in Real Estate.

Now, one thing I do not understand on expat.com
I joined recently and was banned after a few days....
What did I do wrong?
I got the following message: " Your account has been disabled. The ban expires on 2019-07-10. You have used prohibited words or added blacklisted links to an open field in your profile details or in a private message"

What prohibited words? I am a polite person and never use slang. So please tell me, what are these words that are prohibited? Thanks.

I did not add any link in my profile.

MarcoD22 wrote:

What prohibited words? I am a polite person and never use slang. So please tell me, what are these words that are prohibited? Thanks.

Guessing because this is an English language forum? People get scolded for using foreign language in posts, so probably same for your profile. Rewrite it so we can read it.

gobot wrote:
MarcoD22 wrote:

Guessing because this is an English language forum? People get scolded for using foreign language in posts, so probably same for your profile. Rewrite it so we can read it.

Thanks but my profile is in English.
In additIon, the moderators send me forms to fill in AND THEY DO NOT ANSWER...

What kind of forum is that?

Hi,

I'm Cam. I come from Canada and just got here in Vietnam last week, my wife lives here with me and I'm really confused with all the rules here, just completed my TEFL course and found out I need a degree from University to teach English which I don't have. So How do I support my family not being able to work here? my wife doesn't want to move to Canada so am I stuck or is there hope I can get work here?

CamtheMan wrote:

Hi,

I'm Cam. I come from Canada and just got here in Vietnam last week, my wife lives here with me and I'm really confused with all the rules here, just completed my TEFL course and found out I need a degree from University to teach English which I don't have. So How do I support my family not being able to work here? my wife doesn't want to move to Canada so am I stuck or is there hope I can get work here?

You have a family to support but didn't feel the need to do a throughout research on employment before you moved to another country?

Even in your home country, you would've searched for jobs before deciding to move from one province to another, so what made you think it wouldn't be necessary to do the same when moving overseas?

Peeweeaz1 wrote:

I'm currently vacationing in Da Lat, Da Nang and Hue. I'm retired and live in AZ and fell in love with Da Nang. I'm considering relocation, but have no clue about pitfalls, problems some may have had in their move.

I;m not sure if the last sentence in your comment is a question or just a passing thought.  If it's the latter, I suggest that you create a new thread with specific questions in the subject to attract attention from other members.

tim.mack wrote:

Hello,

Not currently living in Vietnam but I'm looking to relocate there towards the middle or end of August 2019!
...Also looking for opportunities for work.

You're not allowed to work if you hold a tourist visa, even if your goal is to reside here permanently.

MarcoD22 wrote:
gobot wrote:
MarcoD22 wrote:

Thanks but my profile is in English.
In additIon, the moderators send me forms to fill in AND THEY DO NOT ANSWER...

What kind of forum is that?

Alo,

Someone out there with experiemce in this forum to answer please...

.... or......

.... am I already asking too difficult questions???

MarcoD22 wrote:

Maybe not too difficult but too insistent.  As you are obviously not banned now, why not just drop the issue.  Consider the possibility that you were banned temporarily for an issue that proved to be incorrect.   Just let the moderators save face and drop it is my advice.

MarcoD22 wrote:
gobot wrote:
MarcoD22 wrote:

👉 Thanks but my profile is in English.

Jeez Marco, I am not an administrator, just thought I might be able to help out.
My English is pretty good though, and when I look at your profile page, again,
which everyone can view by clicking on your elephant, I see this, and no, it ain't English:

Introduction - Paese che vai, usanza che trove!

Hi!  My name is Emily and I am moving to Da Nang this week!  I am a high school math teacher and have just gotten hired at an international school.  I've spent the last couple of months doing everything I can to prepare, yet still don't feel ready at all.  I have all kinds of questions, which is my reason for joining the forum.  I gladly welcome all advice!
I am excited and can't wait to experience Vietnam!

Hi guys, after getting much advice from the lovely peeps on this forum i have decided to finally join, right then, a bit about me!  young ambitious TEFL teacher looking for work in Vietnam, currently been offered a 3-6 month contract in Hanoi, but looking for a permanent one that pays better. so if you know anyone hiring please PM me. Also interested in Taiwan, Indonesia and Middle East also

gobot wrote:
MarcoD22 wrote:
gobot wrote:

👉 Thanks but my profile is in English.

Jeez Marco, I am not an administrator, just thought I might be able to help out.
My English is pretty good though, and when I look at your profile page, again,
which everyone can view by clicking on your elephant, I see this, and no, it ain't English:

Introduction - Paese che vai, usanza che trove!

Thanks for your reply Gobot.
You mean, I might have been banned for a couples of day by https://www.expat.com moderation because of a few words in Italian? Ok, I see.....
Why Moderation just not write to me saying "read the rules" or "English in your profile or you will be banned"?
What is the value for https://www.expat.com and its members of banning someone and leaving him in the dark??????

I am a  patient person.
I look forward to reading this forum code of conduct if I can find it somewhere.
And I will check there is only English in my profile.

THIGV wrote:
MarcoD22 wrote:

Maybe not too difficult but too insistent.  As you are obviously not banned now, why not just drop the issue.  Consider the possibility that you were banned temporarily for an issue that proved to be incorrect.   Just let the moderators save face and drop it is my advice.

Thanks THIGV for your kind advices.

My parents taught me "Never Give Up". Of course, I could change this if I could see a greater good. But, THIGV, tell me, what would be the good of "dropping the issue so that moderators could save face?", except keeping a low profile?

I consider that my duty and responsibility is to ask good questions in order to give an opportunity, if there is one, to improve.
"Dropping the issue...." is a major source of closing our eyes on the realities or issues, which leads a Team, a Family or an Organization, slowly, step by step to its end.

But, thanks again, and after all this complicate kind of indirect communication, now that I might understand the reason I was banned, my profile is all in English!

PS: I am a member of moderation teams on other social media groups. I know this is not always an easy job.

MarcoD22 wrote:

I am a  patient person.

Are you sure about that?  I think most of us have a contrary impression.   :cool:

MarcoD22 wrote:

I look forward to reading this forum code of conduct if I can find it somewhere.

The code of conduct is a sticky thread on the first page.  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=190521  Your English seems more than adequate but you really need to improve your powers of observation.  It's pretty hard to miss.  :unsure

Closed