Heading to Binh Duong

Hi Everyone,

I am an EFL teacher currently living and working in Treviso, Italy, but about to move to Vietnam.  I start my new job at the Eastern International University in Binh Duong (50km from HCMC)on September 19th.  I only found out about the move a couple of days ago and I'm really excited!

I'm looking forward to making new friends through this forum and would be really grateful for any hints and tips for both before I arrive and for during the first few days in my new home.

I have a question for all those already living in Vietnam:

What 3 things do you wish you had brought with you from home and what 3 things did you bring but wish you hadn't?!!

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Hi Andrea and welcome to Expat.com!

Harmonie.:)

Hi Andrea,

There are shops here selling international goods.The only thing I wish i can find in Vietnam are wide selection of big size shoes and ready made clothes for plus size women.It always give me hard time.

Thanks for that, Anna.  I thought that might be the case so have shopped for clothes here, but, of course, it's the wrong time of the year to be buying clothes suitable for warm weather!  I just hope the spring collections will be in the shops when I go back to the UK at Christmas!

Worldteacher wrote:

Thanks for that, Anna.  I thought that might be the case so have shopped for clothes here, but, of course, it's the wrong time of the year to be buying clothes suitable for warm weather!  I just hope the spring collections will be in the shops when I go back to the UK at Christmas!

Because of this problem with clothes, I asked my landlady to help me find a seamstress who doesn't charge much.She's very good with dresses and blouses but she cant make a good pair of pants for me.Each time I have the chance to get a nice pair of pants back home, i buy it:-) I hope other members can share their own idea regarding your queries.Good luck in your new undertakings.

Hi Anna

Welcome to Vietnam. I'm living in Binh Duong. I would like to be your friend  :)

Hi Anna
Welcome to our country, especially to Binh Duong. I'm from Binh Duong and living near the Eastern International University. Glad to be your friend!

kinyom_korea wrote:

Hi Anna
Welcome to our country, especially to Binh Duong. I'm from Binh Duong and living near the Eastern International University. Glad to be your friend!

Its Andrea who is coming to Vietnam, so lets say WELCOME ANDREA!

hi Andrea! welcome to our City. Hope you enjoy time staying here