New members of the Vietnam forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Cutielove wrote:

My name is Joy, I am from Gambia and also a citizen of Nigeria, I will be relocating to Vietnam soon for a teaching job.
I am trying to make friends here before my arrival so I don't get bored while I'm there, I am a very humble and gentle.

Hi Joy,

Welcome to the expat.com, you will love it here the people are super friendly and kind to foreigners. Hope to see you soon in Vietnam, where are you travelling to?

Hi I'm planning to reside in Vietnam.. don't know anyone in Hanoi . I'm a US citizen currently residing in Pakistan but want to relocate from here. Just need some assistance to get started in Hanoi.
Thanks
Saima Sam

Hi how are you ? I'm also planning to visit Vietnam soon . Hope to hear from you.
Thanks
Sam

Saimaaiza wrote:

Hi I'm planning to reside in Vietnam.. don't know anyone in Hanoi . I'm a US citizen currently residing in Pakistan but want to relocate from here. Just need some assistance to get started in Hanoi.
Thanks
Saima Sam

Welcome to expat.com, Saima.  If you have specific questions that you cannot find answers elsewhere, you can start a thread in the Hanoi forum to receive better attention from other members.

Saimaaiza wrote:

Hi how are you ? I'm also planning to visit Vietnam soon . Hope to hear from you.
Thanks
Sam

If you wish to address your comment to a particular member, you'll need to click on the "Quote" function before typing your comment.  Otherwise, no one would know what you're talking about or with whom you want to have a conversation.

Hi, my name is Gordon (Konrad being a middle name). I just flew into HCMC yesterday from Florida (long trek). So far so good. I have met a few people from the states and other countries. I won't go into first impressions other than to say, "WOW"! I am overwhelmed on a bunch of different levels. My stay is currently on a 1 month tourist visa, but even in the little time I have been here I think 1 month may be too short. I had an injury this year and realized that life is too short and I need to start doing all the things I have wanted to do in life. Vietnam is one of those and seemed easy on the wallet.

I look forward to meeting and learning from everyone here! I have questions on visa extensions (current info and agents/processes), but will post in the visa topic group later. (unless someone has some trusted agent info they want to PM me :) )

I am a retired Canadian, lived in Asia over 20 years..Contact me if you like..I live in Tay Ho District..

Hello everyone.
I am also a new member. Nice to meet you all.
I'm a local person in Nha Trang and would love to connect with expats in Vietnam.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you Julien, I would love to introduce myself.  My name is Rajesh ,I am from India and planning to move to Ho Chi Minh City in January 2019.  I am working as a Manager markering in India in printing and packaging ink industry .Eariler I was in Mauritius for 2 years and was active member of Expat.com.
    I am interested in knowing about living in Vietnam and interested to know about new job oppertunities there.

Hope to hear from you all,

Rajesh

Hi, my name is Faye from Shanghai, currently on short-term assignment in Ho Chi Min City.

Nice to meet u in this Forum and look forward to make new friends~

Hello everyone.
Nice to meet you all. My name is Van, And I am Vietnamese.
I also a new member in expat.com. Now, I am living in Ho Chi Minh City. I specialize in investment consultant in Vietnam, please ask me if you need any help.
I would love to connect with expats in Vietnam.

Thank you.

Ms Van:  Welcome to the forum but please respect the rules, both official and customary,  regarding solicitation of work.  If there are expats with problems with which you feel you can assist, then it is appropriate for you to suggest that they send you a PM.  Don't directly solicit work from inside the forum.  Also you should not solicit work through broadcast sending PM's yourself.

Hello everyone, I have been an expat here for many years, i used to organize gatherings and help everyone . If anyone need any advice or a friend, do contact me. See you

Dew point could you private message me I want to renovate my wife's small house into a more modern western style , I do not know where to start, I need a renovation, remodel, so I need a design and construction crew, if anyone knows how to go about this are find a contractor, her house is in Biên hoa, which is 30 kilometers outside Saigon

twinsguy20 wrote:

Dew point could you private message me I want to renovate my wife's small house into a more modern western style , I do not know where to start, I need a renovation, remodel, so I need a design and construction crew, if anyone knows how to go about this are find a contractor, her house is in Biên hoa, which is 30 kilometers outside Saigon

Twinsguy, this is just an introduction thread. For an involved question like this, you should post a new topic on the forum.

Short answer: have you wife search for local house builders. There will be lots: try word of mouth, internet, talk to any working crews in your neighborhood, etc. The builder will help turn your sketch into a plan, give you a price, and get the plan approved at the local committee. You should at least have a sketch of what you need as there will be lots of variables. Specify everything to limit surprises! Or maybe start by searching for an architect the same way if you need that to get started.

Hi,
My name is Ben Weston I have been living in Vietnam since 2008, originally came for 1 months holiday and that was 11 years ago. I am from Oxfordshire in England, I am a French polisher /Furniture restorer by trade. I am married to my beautiful Vietnamese wife and we have 2 children 1 boy and 1 girl.

Hi everyone! My name is Michale, I have been in Vietnam since march 2016. I'm working here as a Digital Marketer . Nice to meet you all

Wow, I didn't even know about this thread.  I've been visiting and posting here for a year now (from the US) and never introduced myself.  I literally just moved to Vietnam yesterday (Saigon).

My name is Loc.  I'm actually a returning Vietnamese but live nearly my whole life in the US.  Just early retired from a long tech career in Silicon Valley and traveling the world very slowly.  My first stop is 1 year in Vietnam.  I'll be going to the meetup this Thursday night and hope to meet those who come.

Welcome to the forum, Ben Weston, MinhVoCao, and Sflxn.

Hi Guys. My name is Greg. My wife and I are planning on moving to Nah Tang, Vietnam at the end of this year. We are looking for an apartment/condo near the north beach area. We have read a few post saying that the area is preferable. We are planning on carrying on with our printing, signage and branding business and my wife also plans on teaching English in Vietnam. My son has been living and working in Ho chi Minh city for the last two years. Can anyone give us some advise in this respect. Average rental cost of a modern apartment and living expenses.

We would greatly appreciate some advice in this regard.

Greg Botha wrote:

My wife and I are planning on moving to Nah Tang, Vietnam at the end of this year.

We would greatly appreciate some advice in this regard.

The main purpose of this thread is to provide a specific place where new members can introduce themselves.  For your specific questions, it would be better if you start a new thread on the Nha Trang forum to receive better attention from the locals and expats in the area.

Ciambella wrote:

For your specific questions, it would be better if you start a new thread on the Nha Trang forum to receive better attention from the locals and expats in the area.

Or better yet read several of the threads on the Nha Trang forum before you start a new one.

Hi,
I'm Phil from England originally but have lived in Thailand for the last 13 years..

Keen to explore pastures new and so will be relocating to Vietnam,  Ho Chi Minh City, initially, for the long term  I hope.  I arrive in HCM at the end of this month.

I'm lucky to be retired and one of  my main interests these days is improving my golf handicap.  The way I see it, a supportive, diverse and friendly ExPat community is essential in helping to settle into new surroundings.  I have already checked out some helpful and interesting threads on this Forum with good advice included and I'm encouraged to do some more.

Apart from golf, my other main interests are travel, fitness and sport generally.  In particular   through this Forum I hope to meet fellow ExPat golfers in and around HCM to introduce me to the lovely courses in the area.

Looking forward  with excitement  to this new chapter in my life.

Regards

HMC Seagull wrote:

Hi,
I'm Phil from England originally but have lived in Thailand for the last 13 years..

Keen to explore pastures new and so will be relocating to Vietnam,  Ho Chi Minh City, initially, for the long term  I hope.  I arrive in HCM at the end of this month.

I'm lucky to be retired and one of  my main interests these days is improving my golf handicap.  The way I see it, a supportive, diverse and friendly ExPat community is essential in helping to settle into new surroundings.  I have already checked out some helpful and interesting threads on this Forum with good advice included and I'm encouraged to do some more.

Apart from golf, my other main interests are travel, fitness and sport generally.  In particular   through this Forum I hope to meet fellow ExPat golfers in and around HCM to introduce me to the lovely courses in the area.

Looking forward  with excitement  to this new chapter in my life.

Regards

Welcome to Vietnam, If you're interested in golf, you can join in golf courses, such as: Long Thanh, Him Lam, Tan Son Nhat...There are many Koreans who can speak English with you. Cheers.

Hello guys!

I am Aswin P Anil, and I am a final year engineering student from India. I have planned to study the CELTA at Apollo Hanoi after the completion of my degree and hope to set up shop in the English teaching field after finishing up with the course.

I have been to Vietnam before on a 6 week internship at a government University(North Vietnam National University Of Agriculture and Rural Development)  to teach English and fell in love with the culture and made a small network of fellow Vietnamese people in the teaching sphere there.

I do hope to meeting an exciting community of people here and have fun doing what I love in this profession.

One of the reasons I joined this forum is to get first-hand advice from real experiences, and this is especially crucial to me as a non-native speaker of English(despite this, I have certificates showing native-level proficiency in the language, and plan to write the IELTS soon to further consolidate this fact) because so many stories have been thrown about this being a big deal and I don't know how much of it is true and how much of it affects my chances.

Aswin P Anil wrote:

One of the reasons I joined this forum is to get first-hand advice from real experiences, and this is especially crucial to me as a non-native speaker of English(despite this, I have certificates showing native-level proficiency in the language, and plan to write the IELTS soon to further consolidate this fact) because so many stories have been thrown about this being a big deal and I don't know how much of it is true and how much of it affects my chances.

This is only an introduction thread so the odds on receiving responses to your concern is very low.  However, there are many existing threads in this forum and several of its subforums on the role of IELTS with regard to English teaching.  A quick search will give you a lot to read on that matter.

Hi I am Pierre in Vietnam since 1996. Very busy but enjoy cycling, kayak paddling, fishing,...

Welcome to Expat...

Hello everyone, this is Dave from Hong Kong. I just arrived Haiphong for a few days and will be stay here for 1-2 year to start a new project for my company. Hope to make some friends and get some advice living here. Seems i am the only one working in Haiphong from Hong Kong but i hope somebody prove i am wrong lol.

Introduction:  Steve Brown.  I'm hoping to find a sustainable way to live in Vietnam - I'm 63 yrs old and am a Sr IT Project Manager currently (though unemployed), and have a BS Degree and TEFL certificate but no teaching experience.  I love the thought of Da Nang or Hoi An but after reading other's experiences that may have to wait until I can retire.  I will be visiting Hanoi, Da Nang, & Hoi An starting next week for 2 weeks and am hoping to make contacts and return to stay if all goes well.  If anyone is available to hook up for coffee one day PM me - I'd love to make connections while there...

Also would love to hear from anyone about tips for the transition, though I'm amazed at how much I've found in the forums already - this is a fantastic resource.   Kudos to the contributors!

Hey Steve, welcome. My brother's name is Steve Brown. I recently returned to the U.S. after visiting Đà Lạt, Da Nang, Hủe and Hội An. I really liked Da Nang and was fortunate enough to have stayed on both the beach side and river sides of town. I could see myself living there.

Hi there,

I'm Emily  from Hong Kong and arrived in hcmc last month.  I'd like to know some people hanging around for dinner or drinks sometimes, or maybe short trip to another cities in Vietnam.  My major hobby is playing golf and hope to find some golf buddies to practice on driving range or on course nearby too. Currently living in Binh Thanh near D1.

Nice to meet you all here :)

Emily

DaveHK2019 wrote:

Hello everyone, this is Dave from Hong Kong. I just arrived Haiphong for a few days and will be stay here for 1-2 year to start a new project for my company. Hope to make some friends and get some advice living here. Seems i am the only one working in Haiphong from Hong Kong but i hope somebody prove i am wrong lol.

I'm from Hong Kong too but residing in hcmc not Haiphong. Nice to meet you !

Ememprivatevn wrote:
DaveHK2019 wrote:

I'm from Hong Kong too but residing in hcmc not Haiphong. Nice to meet you !

Hi Emily,

Glad to hear that. I would love to visit HCMC some days later as i have not been there before.

Hi everyone! My name is John. I was born in Nha Trang a city in central of Vietnam. Now, i'm living China. if you visit my city, i'll give you some suggestion :kiss:

Hi, I'm Mark from Virginia Beach, Virginia but most recently from Apache Junction, Arizona. I moved to HCMC in February 2019 and most recently relocated to Vung Tau. I'm a U.S. Navy Veteran of 11 years and retired from the construction industry in January 2018 after I had knee replacement surgery. I had planned on retiring once I hit 62 and move to either the Philippines or Vietnam. Presently, I have the best of both countries with my Filipina Fiancé and daughter here with me in Vietnam.
I love traveling around on my motorcycle going different places and meeting expats with their stories of travel and adventure. Hope to run across you one day.
Peace

Hey Mark, I'm in Fountain Hills and was recently in VN.

Hi, my wife and I (Nadia) will be arriving in Hoi An on Nov. 19.  We are retired but still very active and will enjoy some socializing with other expats in town.

Hi all, my name is Andy, I am a U.K. national aged 54 and I will be travelling to Vinh Long, Vietnam in January to marry my Vietnamese fiancé. I am hoping to relocate to Vietnam after we marry, bringing her and her son to England is prohibitively expensive compared to me settling in Vietnam. I have some questions to ask but will open new thread(s) to ask them.

welcome to Vietnam Andy.

Closed