Calling visa

Hi I am a new member over here. I am planning to invest in a hotel and restaurant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
I would like to recruit few staffs of expertise from India.
I would like to know about calling visa formalities.
Can an individual Malaysian citizen send a calling letter for expats?
I am also looking for local partners and investors for our hotel and restaurant

Thanks

No all immigration is coordinated through government departments and individuals or companies can only submit applications and wait. There are some labour supply agents who you can outsource staffing to.

It's not guaranteed you will get a work permit as an investor unless your skills are essential to running the business and no malaysian can do the same job.

Its worst having a local partner as that almost guarantees no work permit

There is currently a ban on hiring Indian cooks from India. General labourers might still be possible.

Thanks for your reply

So there is no possibilities to recruit Indian chef for an Indian restaurant?

Normally how long does it take to receive the call if an employer has requested for calling visa for employees?

Correct. Plenty of local Indian chefs available.

Time. Depends. Foreign worker recruitment takes 2-3 months to complete all the processes as there are medicals involved etc.

Professional EP applications minimum 20 working days but subject to volume of applications at any given time.

The main issue is protectionism. This means any job that a Malaysian is available to carry out will block foreign hiring. Main sector for foreigners are software engineering followed by education.

You need considerable paid up capital to hire staff and a quota which will give a ratio between local and foreign staff positions.

Any idea about the so called considerable paid up capital??

As an employer, how can I recruit suitable skilled candidates for my company

Joint venture (ie with Malaysians) restaurant is RM350,000 PUC.

See this for other options and information http://malaysiabizadvisory.com

You could advertise in Job Street for example.

If using manpower provider agents for foreign workers (salary under Rm 3000) this is coordinated through
Www.fwcms.com.my

For professional positions -https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/ check their Quick Guide for how the company has to be incorporated and rules /process for hiring.

As I wrote at the beginning being an investor does not guarantee you can live in Malaysia