Is $1500/month enough to live in Morocco .

Hi

Is $1500/month a good money to live in Morocco . I am a professional Software Programmer and work for a UK based company with other freelance work aswell.

I would need a separate apartment and a dedicated good internet and am planning to live there for more than 3 months.

Hope i get some good answers

Thanks
Kay

HI,

It all depends on where you will be living and how frugal you are.  I live in a rural area where it can be very inexpensive to live, but then i also have a car so insurance, registration, inspections, fuel add up.   Before we bought our house, we were renting a 3-bedroom home for $300 per month, plus utilities which are pretty cheap as well.  As long as you go to the weekly markets, you can save a bit on the cost if veggies and fruit. 
So, if you dont have a car, you can use cheap taxis or walk, depending in whetr you work/live.  You can check online for apartment costs in the cities if that's where you will be.  That will be your most significant cost.  I hope you can find something that works for you!
Best of luck to you.

Hi there
Use this link to figure out your cost of living.  Its very useful and accurate as it relies on input from users.

Just input city you plan to live in as its easy to use.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/

Good luck

Ali

Thank you guys. I have tried the website and it seems I'll be okay.
My life style is not too much extravaganza .

As my Moroccan brother says it "you can live like a small king  on $15000 MAD a month",  if you own your car and house. Inchallah, I plan to retire in Morocco some day. Even though you're going to be there for a short time, $1500 should be enough to live comfortable.

Thanks Yahya for those kind words. I prefer to be a commoner and  fall for luxury  but quality.
i love bargaining and don't drink or smoke .
i'm a foodie and can spend money to taste that fish and lamb spicey cuisines.  Hope we meet there some day.

Kaiser.rehman wrote:

Hi

Is $1500/month a good money to live in Morocco . I am a professional Software Programmer and work for a UK based company with other freelance work aswell.

I would need a separate apartment and a dedicated good internet and am planning to live there for more than 3 months.

Hope i get some good answers

Thanks
Kay

Hello Kay,

If you don't need to pay the two biggest expenses: Rental and Foreign-based Health Insurance, then you'll be living like Marcus Antonius and Cleopatra......... Really!