Costs in Essauoria morocco

Hello I am coming for a 2 month vacation and I am wondering what the cost of food etc is for Essaouria?

Hello.

How long is a piece of string?

You really need to be more specific, I'm afraid. Do you want local products only or to shop at the supermarket? Will you eat at all in restaurants and so on? If so, do you want posh ones or cheap local ones? Are you going to rent a flat or a house, so you'd be cooking for yourself?

Please come back to the forum with this information and I'm sure someone will help you.

Its not expenssive. Diz econimic cost frm 5 to 10 dollars each day ..business food cost frm 10 to 20 d$ each day. Nd the highest one wich calls highest food cost btwn 30 nd 50 dlarsd at day. :)

i have my house paid for and i am just wondering about the cost to buy food as i will be cooking most of the time

OK. If you buy food from local markets such as tomatoes, potatoes, onions and so on (meaning most veg), the cost would be about 3 to 6 dirhams a kilo. Seasonal fruit is the same price. Sometimes, in a glut for example, strawberries can drop to 4 dirhams a kilo as they did 3 years ago. Huge melons can be bought for 4 dirhams in season and enormous papayas can be just 10 dirhams.

Red meat is quite expensive, perhaps approaching the prices in Europe. Chicken is the same. Turkey is probably a bit cheaper.

Fish? You are living in a port as I am, so sardines can be bought for 6 or 7 dirhams a kilo, as can mackerel. I bought a grey mullet of 1.25 kilos the other day for 20 dirhams. Some other fish can be as cheap too.

Supermarket goods that are imported (cornflakes, cat food etc) are more expensive than in Europe. Local goods and fruit&veg are no cheaper in the supermarket than in the open air markets and the markets often offer better quality produce.

You can get reasonable jam and marmalade for cheaper than in Europe by buying local brands. Decent honey is expensive.

Please post back if you have any more queries or wish for more specifics.