Getting a Dutch driving license with my UK license

I have read how to do this but the instructions are a bit confusing.

"Do you have a driving licence from a EU/EFTA country? Then you can choose either to renew or replace your foreign driving licence. If your driving licence was issued outside the EU/EFTA, you can only renew it. "

I don't want to renew or replace my UK license, I just want to get a Dutch one. Has anyone done this? How did it work?

You can't.  When you apply for a Dutch licence at the Gemeente, they will take your UK licence from you and return it to DVLA.

Do you know how I get the application form? I can't find one to download, do I have to physically pick one up from somewhere?

I don't remember, I changed mine years ago, I just went to the Gemeentehuis in Enschede, handed over my old licence, signed a form and I got a new Dutch one in the post a few days later; the only thing I remember was my HGV licence got upgraded to Class 1 in the process, which was rather exciting as I'd never driven one before! :)

I'll ask my daughter tonight, she changed hers last year, so hopefully will remember something about it.

Cynic :

You can't.  When you apply for a Dutch licence at the Gemeente, they will take your UK licence from you and return it to DVLA.

Can you get a replacement of the UK licence after it is converted to an NL one?

If you live in the UK, yes, you hand in your Dutch licence and will get the UK equivalent.