Company lease car

Can my company force me to take my lease car when I want to quit my job?

It is on my name, but it is company lease contract.

Depends on who the contract is with; if your company pay you a cash allowance to provide your own lease vehicle, then you ordered the car, signed the contract and you are responsible.  If however, you just turned up to work and somebody handed you the keys, then just take the car back and hand them the keys back.

It is what is in your first option.

What if I can not pay for the car after I quit? Or don't want to take it?

This is the problem when you buy a new car on a personal contract; factually, the car depreciates massively the moment it leaves the dealership (normally by about 40% at the end of the first year), but the finance company depreciation will straight-line to the end of the contract; not a problem when you keep it to termination, but if you early return, there is normally a bill to pay.

I don't know if the dealer will take the car back; the car is owned by a finance company, the dealership from where you got it from were paid off before you got the keys.  There is normally something in the small print of your contract that explains the process they will follow in the event of an early return.  Normally, when you take the car back, they will check how much you currently owe them, then they will sell the car (probably at auction); if you owe more than they receive, they will raise a bill.

You say you cannot afford to pay it; well, if you stay in Holland they will chase you for it through the courts.  There's not a lot of point in trying to avoid it, they can chase you to another EU country if they can track you down; they probably have a copy of your passport from when you signed your credit agreement, so will probably start there.

My advice is to contact the finance company and explain your situation and come to some kind of agreement with them.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team (and former Fleet Manager) :)

Thanks, I asked them how much I have to pay if I return the car. It is not nice amount I can tell you.

I thought I could just leave the car to my company and that's it, but it is not like that.

That is why I wonder can I just give the keys to my (ex)boss and say goodbye :)

Yeah well, your ex-boss may quite like you to give him a nice car, but unfortunately, you'll still have to pay for it.  You've now found out why companies are nowadays more likely to offer a cash allowance, instead of a company supplied vehicle, it moves the risk to the employee, takes it off the balance sheet and is wholly deductible against tax.

I wish you the best of luck in getting out of this one.

Cynic
Expat Team