Salary and rent

Hello,
Next month I will move to London and as I have no idea about the cost of living there I would like to know how to understand if a flat is really affordable or not.
With a salary of 50k what is the maximum rent possible? I am looking for a 1 bedroom apartment, I will work close to center town and I would like to avoid having 1h commute time.
Thank you for your help.

Davide

Last time I had a conversation on this subject with a friend who lived down there and was looking for a flat, most he mentioned were 200 to 300 per week for a one bed flat.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The Numbeo website offers information related to cost of living; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Cynic wrote:

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The Numbeo website offers information related to cost of living; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Indeed, this website is very very very very very useful in order to prepare an expatriation...

DavideG85 wrote:

Hello,
Next month I will move to London and as I have no idea about the cost of living there I would like to know how to understand if a flat is really affordable or not.
With a salary of 50k what is the maximum rent possible? I am looking for a 1 bedroom apartment, I will work close to center town and I would like to avoid having 1h commute time.
Thank you for your help.

Davide

with 50k , you should get a standard bedroom flat for around £750