Mixed marriage Morocco

Firstly this is for anyone from United Kingdom trying to do NIKAH (Islamic marriage ) in Morocco,

The steps may seem complicated but when done it looks easy

Firstly be ready for few days of waiting and patient is very important

I married my wife from Marrkakech and this is my journey

Documents needed :
Passport - copy of passport and the copy of arrival stamp
U.K. criminal Record certificate:
ACRO police check apply online
Divorce or widow : Divorce or death certificate of your partner
Birth certificate : Original (if you have a birth certificate from another country you don't need a new one.
Employement: I am self employed so got a letter from the company I work as self employed and 3 months of earning
They didn't need the earning payslip but only taken employment letter
Act of conversion to Islam : Needed you can get it done there ask your partner to find someone before going there
U.K. embassy : make a appointment in Rabat or Marrakech and get you 2 certificate of residence and right to marry cost £75
Passport photo: they say 4 photo but make sure you make 10 because you will need it for morocco police check and when you need to do legalise your British embassy certificate
Make sure you find a good translator and before going send your copies to your partner so that she/her can go to translater and show the documents and if he says it's ok than get in your flight and go but please make sure you make 10 copies of each documents saves your time to look for a photocopy shop.

You can do moroccan police check online on the Moroccan justice website and order the copy to your local police or court
It takes 1-2 days so you do not have to go Rabat.
If you live closer to Marrakech go to British consular in Marrakech it's much quicker and easier and than when you need to legalise your British embassy certificates go to agadir ministry of affairs less busy and dine in 1-2 minutes but the guy comes in at 11am do be there for 10am.
Bribing is something you will encounter somewhere so if they as for gifts to your partner just give them 100/200dirhams to save you the hassle of waiting 1-2 weeks like other members,
I gave my documents in Thursday and done nikah Wednesday Alhamduliiah
Please note police interview is normal and nothing to worry about and they ask you few questions and it's done
But be patient as it can be frustrating but never give up !!!
Hope you all the best and if any questions please ask as am happy to help

Salam

I have a few questions:

1. In regards to the certificate of no impediment from U.K. does this need to be translated? I heard that it does not as when you go to British embassy they will exchange that document for something else capacity to marriage or something?

2. Have you got the link to do the Moroccan police check?

3. How can we get a certificate of residence from U.K.? Will they accept utility bill or driving licence as proof of address?

4. Can you get all the documents legalised in the UK beforehand? Which documents need legalising and translating?

Any help is much appreciated

Salam

Answers to your questions:

1. In regards to the certificate of no impediment from U.K. does this need to be translated? I heard that it does not as when you go to British embassy they will exchange that document for something else capacity to marriage or something?

- That needs translated after or before you get it stamped from ministery of foreign affairs in agadir or Rabat regardless

2. Have you got the link to do the Moroccan police check?

- Type casier judiciare morocco ot
justice.gov.ma and fill in your criminal
Record form and upload a photo and then select the city you want it to be sent and pick it up from the court of that city

3. How can we get a certificate of residence from U.K.? Will they accept utility bill or driving licence as proof of address?

U.K. embassy gives you 2 certificate
One to day you can marry and another of your residence cost £75

4. Can you get all the documents legalised in the UK beforehand? Which documents need legalising and translating?

You need all the documents requested by the country to be translated and legalised,check morocco embassy U.K. it will tell you

Be ready to bribe few people to fast track the process

I'm still a little confused with the certificate of no impediment I already have it from UK from the local registry office and it's legalised in the UK with the apostille stamp etc. I have emailed it to my translator and he is saying that I don't need this translating as when I hand this into the British consulate in Morocco they will exchange this for their version of the certificate of no impediment and it's this new one issued by the U.K. consulate in Morocco which is the one that needs translating. Are you aware of this? I really appreciate if you can clarify this aspect further.

I had no idea about being able to get the Moroccan police certificate online. Only your forum has mentioned this everyone else in all other forums say to go to Rabat. I just filled out the online process got a reference number and you are able to check online updates. Pretty cool.

I appreciate your help so far

Also in other forums they are saying that the employment letter does not necessarily need to be legalised just a SWORN arabic official translation is sufficient. Is this ok?

Salam brother

They all go to Rabat but you can do it online and by tomorrow you will get it
Also take the certificate of impediment with you,
I never needed mine

I'm regards to employment letter

As long as it's a letter with company name l, address and a number  and the date you started to work there with your name etc
It's fine just get that translated
Your translated will tell you if it's ok
Send a copy to him by your partner

Hope that answers this question

Muzzykhan wrote:

Firstly this is for anyone from United Kingdom trying to do NIKAH (Islamic marriage ) in Morocco,

The steps may seem complicated but when done it looks easy

Firstly be ready for few days of waiting and patient is very important

I married my wife from Marrkakech and this is my journey

Documents needed :
Passport - copy of passport and the copy of arrival stamp
U.K. criminal Record certificate:
ACRO police check apply online
Divorce or widow : Divorce or death certificate of your partner
Birth certificate : Original (if you have a birth certificate from another country you don't need a new one.
Employement: I am self employed so got a letter from the company I work as self employed and 3 months of earning
They didn't need the earning payslip but only taken employment letter
Act of conversion to Islam : Needed you can get it done there ask your partner to find someone before going there
U.K. embassy : make a appointment in Rabat or Marrakech and get you 2 certificate of residence and right to marry cost £75
Passport photo: they say 4 photo but make sure you make 10 because you will need it for morocco police check and when you need to do legalise your British embassy certificate
Make sure you find a good translator and before going send your copies to your partner so that she/her can go to translater and show the documents and if he says it's ok than get in your flight and go but please make sure you make 10 copies of each documents saves your time to look for a photocopy shop.

You can do moroccan police check online on the Moroccan justice website and order the copy to your local police or court
It takes 1-2 days so you do not have to go Rabat.
If you live closer to Marrakech go to British consular in Marrakech it's much quicker and easier and than when you need to legalise your British embassy certificates go to agadir ministry of affairs less busy and dine in 1-2 minutes but the guy comes in at 11am do be there for 10am.
Bribing is something you will encounter somewhere so if they as for gifts to your partner just give them 100/200dirhams to save you the hassle of waiting 1-2 weeks like other members,
I gave my documents in Thursday and done nikah Wednesday Alhamduliiah
Please note police interview is normal and nothing to worry about and they ask you few questions and it's done
But be patient as it can be frustrating but never give up !!!
Hope you all the best and if any questions please ask as am happy to help

Does the Nikah (certificate) need to get legalized/authenticated before it can be fully recognized in the UK?

No as far as I know
When you get married in U.K. you go to the registry office
In a Islamic country nikah is basically the same as registery of marriage
Eveidence will be needed when apply for visa for your spouse
Just to be on the safe side give your notice of marriage in your local registry office

Salam brother thanks for clarifying however I still don't fully understand about the certificate of no impediment. I have already got this from the UK and i got it legalised in the UK with the apostille stamp. When I go to the British Consulate embassy in Morocco can I just hand in the English original CNI certificate? Some people are saying they will not accept it as it needs to be translated in arabic other people are saying it does not need translating just hand it over to the British consulate as it is and they will replace that with another British consulate version of the CNI (its the latter version that needs translating into arabic). I'm confused because my translator is saying it's pointless to translate the UK CNI from the registry office from my home town Northampton U.K. as this will be replaced with the British consulate version when I go to the embassy. The translator ultimately is saying that i will unnecessarily have 2 CNI certificates the first one doesn't need translating but the 2nd one given by the British consulate in Morocco needs translating.

Please can you confirm this and explain step by step the aspect of CNI.

Thanks again

Salam brother

On some websites it's stating that I must obtain a certificate of residence for the marriage in Morocco. Is this needed? Please clarify

Hi..  I am a British female planning to marry my Moroccan bf in April.  We have booked appt at British embassy and all my docs are ready to be translated (all have apostile)  but i am confused with letter of employment.  Does that need apostle?  i dont think it can have it. 

Thanks

No employment letter does not need to be legalised just an official sworn translation will do.

Alison_tweed wrote:

Hi..  I am a British female planning to marry my Moroccan bf in April.  We have booked appt at British embassy and all my docs are ready to be translated (all have apostile)  but i am confused with letter of employment.  Does that need apostle?  i dont think it can have it. 

Thanks

Do you get the documents professionally translated in the UK or Morocco?

they will be translated in Morocco

Thank you..  all very confusing.

Only official sworn Moroccan translators approved by their Embassies. Must be in Arabic

sorry I dont understand your comment...     
We will use a certified translator in Casablanca

Salam bro got some questions. I am flying out next week to try to do this marriage mission. But seriously all the stories on here and hearsay makes it confusing. Whats best way to contact you? Here of email/whatsapp etc?

Does a woman need a letter of employment.  ?   I spoke with Moroccan embassy in London and they have said I do not need this..  As only a man need this. 

Can anyone confirm? 
Thanks

Sorry for late reply

Firstly please don't listen to the embassy in london
You will end up paying money to go morocco and then they will ask you for some documents which the embassy here said you don't need,

Letter of employment regardless of the embassy saying no please take it with you
It's better to have all the required documents incase they demand it
It will save you the headache of coming back to U.K. and wasting money and time

Certificate of residence is given by U.K. embassy when you book

You do not neee council tax or housing benefits letters which has nothing to do with marriage

OK thank you.  And would you get that translated in Morocco?   as this letter will not have Apostle. 

Can I also confirm with you about your documents..  did you get Apostle on your English documents then send these to morocco for translate?

All the documents are best to be translated in Morocco
When you find the translator make sure his associated and registered by the court
He is the best person for advice and information regarding your documents
All documents must be original

I didn't get a apostle
I sent the documents to my wife and she took them to the translator to translate them
When I went for a week
I went to U.K. embassy and got my  embassy documents stamped in agadir and submitted all documents

You didn't get Apostle on the letter of employment do you mean?  or ALL documents?

How long did it take to get married when you got to Morocco?   with all appointments, court visits etc?  Thanks

I got a friend who has the latest information and contacts in Morocco.  Rabat, Casablanca and Marakkech.

Lawyers, Translators, Police and Court links.

Know the process from A-Z and people can testify done than less than 10 days. Some even in 4 days.

Send me a private DM and I will explain - it is not free, but you will save 100s if not 1000s of pounds and weeks. Morocco is all about knowing people to get things done.

I'm still in Morocco Casablanca just submitted all my documents to the judge yesterday the final police check will come back they said Tuesday so after 3-4 working days then will get the letter of authorisation from the judge. I have no idea how people managed to get everything done within a week. It's going to take a week alone just to get the final police check and they don't accept bribes at the police in Casablanca Zerktouni

Part of the ordeal is to wait for police procrastination. To get anything done there fast is about; a physical push, monetary push or a push from a authoritative person.

If you don't have the connections then keep praying morning and evening. That's the sabr route.

Muzzykhan wrote:

Certificate of residence is given by U.K. embassy when you book

Do I understand correctly that the Certificate of No Impediment gets exchanged to the Certificate of Residence and Right to Marry at the UK Embassy.

How long do you need to wait for this after the appointment took place?

What is the process of applying for an appointment?

All done..  we got married in one week in Casablanca...   
Tell me does anyone know do I need to register the marriage here in UK?   Thanks

Can anyone help me please, I would like it if someone could go through it all step by step please, I have some of the documents but every time I read the forums there are loads of different things said

Please help I have 2 weeks left before I fly out

Thank you!

Could you help me please thank you

Ottomanlove wrote:

I got a friend who has the latest information and contacts in Morocco.  Rabat, Casablanca and Marakkech.

Lawyers, Translators, Police and Court links.

Know the process from A-Z and people can testify done than less than 10 days. Some even in 4 days.

Send me a private DM and I will explain - it is not free, but you will save 100s if not 1000s of pounds and weeks. Morocco is all about knowing people to get things done.

Hi Ottomanlove,

Can you help me? I have PM you.

Thank you.

Salam alaykum, i have a few questions. Inshaallah i will apply for a police check onlain so that will safe me time to go to Ministry of Justice in Rabat is that correct?
But what about the police interview when i have to go there and what documents should i take with me,do i need an appointment for that interview?

I just came back from Morocco certificate of no impediant is not needed no more British embassy didn't even asked for it they stopped that in 2014 🤨

I can see how so many people are getting confused cause too much misinformation is being given out all I can say is that I know 5 different people who have been morccco for marriage and every one has had a totally different experience every city in morccco is different it's all about who you know 😊

Hi,

Can you please tell me if I need to get my UK documents legalised (apostile) in the UK?

From what I have read here: https://www.moroccanconsulate.org.uk/en/Marriages.html, documents to be legalised:
Birth Certificate
ACRO Police Check

Or can I have them translated and certified in Morocco?

Any help will be welcome as I am travelling very soon.

Yes you need to get them certified by the legalisation office it costs 30pound per document all done by post all the info is on the gov.uk site