Driving on Visit Visa

Hi I need one information. I was on Employment visa in Oman during which I have a car registered in my name and have a valid driving license. I have left my job inorder to move to a new company and went back to India cancell. No untill I join the new company I came back to Oman on Family Visit Visa valid for 3 months. Now my question is can I drive in Oman with my car?. I am an Indian citizen

Hi harshadkurade,

As long as you hold a valid Omani Driving Licence, you can drive in Oman.

Also, you need to be in possession of some valid documents to prove that you are indeed a lawfully registered visitor.

Thank you very much for your reply. I also have another query but its not related to the topic above. I have a new employment visa stamped on my passport but my resident card is still not done and I need to travel to Dubai urgently and have Visit visa ready. But can I travel and come back without any hassle or is resident card mandatory to travel

Hi harshadkurade,

It is a mandatory requirement by law that you must get your resident card within 10-days of your entry into the Sultanate.

If your travel is within the specified time limit, I am sure you would be granted an exemption.

However, it is better that you consult with the company PRO on the best course of action.

It would be any day better for you to get the resident card done before going since it hardly takes half-a-day to get issued.