Scooter/Motorcycle rental

Hi there, i'm new in Oman and will be here for several weeks working in the airport biz and will return regularly. I have a full UK motorcycle license and IDP and would like to know if it's possible to rent a scooter or bigger bike in Muscat. I prefer biking over driving. Perhaps someone has one that i can rent or perhaps there is a company that rents them out on a monthly basis? Advice from the community would be appreciated.

Looking forward to exploring the region...

Thanks for your help,

Hash

Hi no i didn't find rental other than with the adventure tour providers. I ended up buying one instead.

How much did you buy one for? What about registration and numberplate? Was it registered under your name?

I bought a second hand bike, you can find some on olx.com.om. It was registered to a friend with a motorcycle license and i was added as an insured rider.

So you were riding it with IDP and you were on a visit visa? You had to separately add yourself in the insurance?

Correct.

Thanks dear! Can a bike be registered only to someone who has a bike license? Is that the law? I don't think I have anyone like that

yes they need a motorcycle license. if they are Omani they can get learner license after buying a bike, or if foreigner they need a manager level visa or higher.