Moving Light vehicle from Dubai to Oman

I have a light vehicle 2015 model which i want to move to muscat from dubai.

I currently hold a UAE visa and UAE driving license (Manual).I intend to do the following

1.Will cancel my UAE visa and fly to Oman (muscat).
2.Get my Oman visa stamped.
3.Fly back to dubai.
4.Obtain a export certificate with export plate for my vehicle ( I understand that valid UAE visa is not required ,only passport and vehicle documents is sufficient)
5.Drive my vehicle to Oman (muscat)
6.Convert my UAE Driving license to Oman license.
7.Register my vehicle in Oman.

Could anyone let me know if the above procedure/sequence is ok or has any issues to be taken care of.

Regards

Everything you have mentioned is correct. However, please ensure the following.

1- For obtaining an Omani license, you need to undergo the test procedures of Oman. I have no idea if they have eased the rule by now.  You can't bring a vehicle without having an Omani license under your Oman work visa.

2-  If, by any means you're able to obtain an Omani license,  you still need to convert the ownership of your UAE vehicle to someone with a valid UAE work visa so that once you bring the same vehicle to Oman, it could be re-registered under your name.

3- Another option is to bring that vehicle to Oman while your UAE work visa is still valid. Once you obtain your Omani license, you may convert the ownership of the same vehicle.

Thank you schaz for your feedback.
Would appreciate my understanding of your point wise comments as below

1.You suggest I convert that I get my oman driving license after I get my visa stamped prior to exporting the vehicle ?
2.I don't need to convert the ownership in UAE as I can obtain an export certificate with plate just with my passport and traffic file of the vehicle in my name even though UAE visa is cancelled.
3. Also I am a bit confused with this option as you are suggesting in point no 1 of your reply that i can't bring a vehicle without having an Omani license under my Oman work visa.
However with the above 2 steps this option is not required right ?

The scenario is very simple.

An Expat Omani resident card holder can bring a vehicle from Dubai if he has an Omani license that is required for driving the vehicle. Unfortunately, since the UAE license can not be converted into Omani license (I don't know what the latest rule is), you must obtain an Omani DLL to bring the vehicle from Dubai (Since you will be having an Omani work visa).

My suggestion may or may not be correct, however, I would suggest you to transfer the UAE vehicle to Oman with all the paper work prior to your UAE visa cancellation. Once the vehicle is in Oman, it will eventually be easy for you to get it re-registered.

Please check the new rules of UAE license conversion to Omani DLL.  If it is now allowed, then all of the above that I have stated will be invalid!!!

Dear,

I finally found you had the same situation of mine a year back.
I would like to know what exactly u have done to take your car to Oman from UAE.

Is it wise to take car from UAE to Oman or Buy a new one there??

Please share your thoughts and experiences.
Thanks.

Dear,

It is advisable to bring your car from UAE to Oman , if your car is less than 5 years old ,in good condition .I hope you are aware of the expenses involved in exporting the car from UAe to Oman.

Regards

I am also looking to move my car from UAE to Oman. However my car is a classic 30 year old vehicle. I have left UAE but my car is still there. I am yet to settle in Oman and I am currently here on Tourist Visa with plans to settle. How can I get my vehicle from there to here?

Sending out a vehicle from Muscat, Oman to Abu Dhabi, UAE – Part 1 ... one or both the autos before the move and afterward purchase in Abu Dhabi or fare. ... In any case, don't go in the line for Light Vehicles as that is generally long.

Unfortunately, since the UAE license cannot be transformed into Omani license (I don't know what the cutting-edge rule is), you must achieve an Omani DLL to convey the automobile from Dubai (Since you will be having an Omani work visa).