Purchasing a Two Wheeler

Hi,

I am new in Oman and currently staying in Muscat. I understand getting the driving license for a car is quite a task and can take some time.

I am planning to purchase a motorbike here and meanwhile apply for the driving license. Can anyone guide me on what are the requirements to drive a two wheeler in Oman and how can I purchase one. It's been quite difficult for me to locate a dealer or  purchase a second hand one. Any contacts are appreciated.

Kind Regards,
harshit

Dear Harshit,
EVen for a 2 wheeler, you will require atleast a learner's license. The form and the procedure can be obtained from ROP headoffice (Qurum or either seeb).

It depends on which bike you're looking for. In ruwi area, there are few dealers (For ordinary bikes) who r into this business, however for the sports bike, there are showrooms.

I am looking for an ordinary motorbike or scooterette which I can use for daily purposes.

In your opinion is it safe to drive motorbike here. I have been driving motorbike in India for as long as I can remember :)

You must be well aware of the roads and the speed here. Its not much safe to drive on the roads of Muscat, however if you're confident enough on yourself, you may ride a bike.

harshuch wrote:

I am looking for an ordinary motorbike or scooterette which I can use for daily purposes.

In your opinion is it safe to drive motorbike here. I have been driving motorbike in India for as long as I can remember :)

Hey in my opinion, a two wheeler isnt the best option in Oman, just remember fast lanes and excellent roads can only mean hi speed traffic..... it might be useful getting around small towns like Al Khuwair for example, but I can only see a very limited use.

In such a hot weather two wheeler not a good option at all and the amount of effort and money you going to put for licence better to spent on car licence.

I have started taking Car Lessons, my thoughts about the two wheeler were just for temporary use..if I can find a 2nd hand motorbike....

I understand it will only have limited use as temperature is too hot. But some mobility is better than none.

So now it has been quite some time and some no. of road tests which I have given and failed to clear.

Now I am getting more inclined to getting a motorbike and using it until I can clear the road test.. (god knows when).

Appreciate any help or information on how to get 2 wheeler license....

My dad had one, it was pretty long time back. I think he had it more for a novelty sake than anything else. Dont loose hope and give your tests for a 4 wheeler, not worth taking a two wheeler license.

Remember if you intend to drive long distances over the weekends, then a two wheeler is a pain.

Thanks,

Rammy

Regular preventive maintenance is probably the single thing you can do as a car owner to keep your ride happy and save money on repairs in the future. However, not everyone agrees on what preventive maintenance is, what you should do, and when you should do it. Let's clear that up, and give you some tips that'll apply to any vehicle.
………………………………………………….

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE (contenthoop.com/preventative-vehicle-maintenance/8315/)

Hello jhonmax12,

For info, this thread has been inactive since 2013, you might not have any returns. :|

Thank you,
Marjorie

Regular preventive maintenance is probably the single thing you can do as a car owner to keep your ride happy and save money on repairs in the future. However, not everyone agrees on what preventive maintenance is, what you should do, and when you should do it. Let's clear that up, and give you some tips that'll apply to any vehicle.

How can I get motorcycle license