Planning to move our family to Spain.

Hi everyone, we are a couple with two young children who have decided to take a break from the U.K and raise our children (1 and 4) in Spain. We are both teachers but have no need to work in the first year or so, our main priority is finding an area to settle in.

We like the Gandia region and have been to Valencia and enjoyed it but we thin we want somewhere a little smaller and more intimate. We want to integrate into the Spanish way of life and want our kids to learn Spanish at a local school. We don't speak Spanish yet so we will need some sort of expat community to help along our journey. We travelled from Almeria to Valencia last month and liked the more green land around Alicante/Valencia, rather than the southern regions.

Our final budget will be around £150k to buy a 4 bed detached with pool. Initially we will want to rent to experience the areas first.

I would love it if anyone with a similar experience has any advice.

Thanks in advance!!

We did just that in Costa Tropical, but we rent instead of owning.  We moved here in 2012 and love it. Of course we have a blog with hundreds of posts about our entire expderience, so pick and choose what is relative to you.  :-)

Brilliant!!

Loads of people I have spoken to think its a great idea but it's the doing it that takes the effort!

I will read your blog for inspiration!!

Thanks!