HELP! Social Pass to Employment Pass 3 Malaysia

Hello everyone!

My sister is currently here on a Social Pass (90 days tourist visa upon arrival in Malaysia) and she's recently found employment in Malaysia.

She will be under EP3 since her salary is below 5k MYR.

I have the following questions:
1. Does the 3 month cool off period apply to her?
2. Does she need to exit Malaysia?
3. How long would the visa process take?
4. Is there a way for her to stay in the country while waiting for the EP3 approval? (Journey perofrmed or Special pass that the company can apply for?)

Thank you so much.

Please do help to reply if you know anything. I've been reading online and it hasn't been that much useful :(

Reply is quite late. But hopefully will help other people that inquiry the same thing.

1. Does the 3 month cool off period apply to her.
No-Its only applicable for candidate (Employment Pass holder) that move from one company into another company if the new job offer salary less than 5K.
2. Does she need to exit Malaysia?
Yes she have to exit since she hold tourist visa.
3. How long would the visa process take?
Usually it will take 6-8 weeks but it will depend on Malaysia immigration. Some will take less than that.
4. Is there a way for her to stay in the country while waiting for the EP3 approval? (Journey perofrmed or Special pass that the company can apply for?).

Anyhow she have to exit Malaysia since she hold tourist visa. Immigration wont proceed as long as they dont see Exit stamp on her Passport