Moving to canada in the summer!

hi! im new to this forum thing & not exactly sure how it works.. but as im planning on moving to canada in july i thought it'd be a good idea to join up & meet/get advice from people doing the same thing!
so here goes my first post...

I'm planning on moving to canada mid-july, which happens to be summer. will start off my adventure by staying in the vancouver backpackers for a few weeks, hopefully meet people doing the same thing and then travel to banff or whistler or jasper.. (really not sure where yet) and then sadly will have to get a job somewhere.

so my first question is:
1.i know most people travel to canada for the snow season but do many people travel there in the summer months aswell? or will it be a lot harder to meet people who are doing the same thing?
2. will it be easy to get a job?
3. whats the best/fun/comfortable/good priced backpackers in vancouver?
4. banff or whistler? thoughts on moving to either places...or any other place you prefer :)

hopefully hear back from someone!!
Lucy xx

Welcome on Expat.com Lucy ;)

I hope that other site members will bring their contribution in regards to your different concerns soon.

Regards

Hello Lucy,

I'm an Australian living in Canada, going on 10 moths now (I arrived August last year)
Lots of people travel to Canada for the winter season, though the summer time is great too and many people decide to come at that time of the year so your bound to meet others in a similar situation.

There also lots of jobs in the summer time particularly if your happy to do restaurant work or seasonal work. Craigslist is the place to look for that, just be careful for scams, there are a lot on there as well.

I haven't been to Banff or Whistler yet, my suggestion would be check out both but if you can, look to stay longer in Banff as Whistler is essentially Australia with snow... lots of Aussies. So for something different I'd pick Banff and I've heard great things about the place.

If you've got any more questions feel free to ask.

Good luck on your move over here :) You'll have a great time :)