Moving to Netherlands

Hi All,

My boyfriend is on a work permit in the Netherlands and I d like to move with him. I am an Australian citizen and looking for options for partner visa. Would anyone know of the rules. My BF is trying to get an apt with IND.

Also anyone from Talent Acquisition on this forum? Like some help on market overview and salaries

Thanks in advance 😊

check in glassdoor site

I did but it's showing very less ... I checked Robert Walters salary guide and that does indicate well

if it is IT company i can help you. I have good exposer of IT company.

That would be great... I am TA Lead for a global IT company and been hiring heavily into network and security space. I ll send you a private msg. Thanks heaps

Ozgirl1224 wrote:

Hi All,

My boyfriend is on a work permit in the Netherlands and I d like to move with him. I am an Australian citizen and looking for options for partner visa. Would anyone know of the rules. My BF is trying to get an apt with IND.

Also anyone from Talent Acquisition on this forum? Like some help on market overview and salaries

Thanks in advance 😊

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Family style visas in the Netherlands are for married or registered partners; they don't apply to boyfriend/girlfriend types of relationships; you can read about it on the IND forum and this link will take you there.

However, the Dutch definition of relationships is:

IND website wrote:

A relationship is long-term and exclusive if the relationship can be considered a marriage. You can show this among other things by filling out a relationship declaration. In the relationship declaration you and your partner declare that you are going to live together in the Netherlands. You are going to run a joint household. You also declare that you have an exclusive relationship with each other. You can find the relationship declaration as an appendix in the application form.

So, with this in mind, perhaps something that may work for you?

With regards to working; if your qualifications are regulated in the Netherlands, then you'll need to have them validated before you will be permitted to work, that in itself is no big deal as there is an organisation set up to do it; it's called NUFFIC and this link will take you to their website.

With regards to more general work, there is an EU sponsored website called EURES; this link will take you to their website.  It's relatively new (as far as I'm concerned anyhow) and I don't know anyone who's actually used it and came out from the other end with a job.

With regards to Talent Acquisition; I'd never heard of the expression before, but having quickly Googled it, I am now an expert. :)  I see you've had a response to it already, so apart from saying "caveat emptor", I wish you the best of luck with it.

If you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Ozgirl1224,

Your topic has been moved to the Netherlands forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Thanks a lot ... I read the long term relationship and exclusive clause but I can't seem to understand the eligibility.... For example in Australia u can file for a de facto / partner visa only if you have been physically living with the person for min 1 year and this has to be backed by your rental agreement and or utility bills. Hence wanted to see if that also applies for NL or just a declaration saying we will live in NL together and have financial commitments is enough

Thank You😊

Ozgirl1224 wrote:

Thanks a lot ... I read the long term relationship and exclusive clause but I can't seem to understand the eligibility.... For example in Australia u can file for a de facto / partner visa only if you have been physically living with the person for min 1 year and this has to be backed by your rental agreement and or utility bills. Hence wanted to see if that also applies for NL or just a declaration saying we will live in NL together and have financial commitments is enough

Hi and welcome back.

Perhaps you read to much into what it doesn't actually say.  Yes, you need evidence of a relationship, so any documentary evidence would be good (copies of letters, e-mails, travel tickets together, but the only thing they refer to specifically is a "relationship declaration".  If you have no evidence of a relationship, then they will almost certainly see this as an attempt to get around the rules and you will not qualify for that visa, but there is nothing stopping you from maintaining a long-distance relationship and thus qualify at a later date.

So, what can you do?  Let your boyfriend go off to Holland, but maintain your relationship, chat via social media, keep copies of correspondence; travel to visit him in Holland; learn to speak Dutch.  The fact is that while we all want to do everything now, that Holland will still be there in 12-months time, so hopefully will your boyfriend.  If not, then you've lost nothing but perhaps a tiny piece of your heart.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi there,

Thanks for your detailed response ... we are on what's app ... emails n letters r days gone but yes guess need to start doing that...

Ozgirl1224 wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for your detailed response ... we are on what's app ... emails n letters r days gone but yes guess need to start doing that...

Facebook has a chat feature within Messenger that allows copies of the whole chat to be made and saved in different file formats.  I don't use WhatsApp, so I don't know if that has a similar feature.