Today's Weather

SimCityAT wrote:

Well, today they say it going to be 34°C, well you can add on 4°C on to that as then when they were saying it was to be 32°C in the week it was in fact 36°C.

Oh, I wish I had a swimming pool on these hot days :D

They always quote temperatures in the shade but really it's in the sun that matters!

There's always the big lake here for cooling down.   Some big ones in .AT as well of course but I suppose they are really cold any time of the year as they must be deep and glacier fed.

Or you could get AC.    We have AC here and it's only this year we started to use it sometimes during the day and during the night - too hot to sleep!

I'm at the lake, south shore near Balatonfoldvar and it's 30 C. 

Hot Hot Hot.  Thunderstorms expected this afternoon.

Swimming time!

fluffy2560 wrote:

Thunderstorms expected this afternoon.

Swimming time!

Hm... Is that a good combo? But you know more about electricity than I do.  :top:

25°C today and a breeze yay.

It actually rained yesterday after I watered the garden of cause. Such as life lol

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Thunderstorms expected this afternoon.

Swimming time!

Hm... Is that a good combo? But you know more about electricity than I do.  :top:

Real Balatoni folk don't care about swimming in stormy electric weather.   Eeeee....when I were a lad  tempestuous turbulent weather were a challenge we took in our stride....

OK, yes, that came out wrong.....I meant, better go swimming before the thunderstorms arrive.  You don't want to be in the water during a lightning storm.   

BTW, about 19h,  I could see Badacsony from the water and it was blanketed in cloud or it  was raining heavily.  All the warning lights were flashing.

It's 23h approximately and there's no rain. Plenty of lightning in the distance and grumbling sometimes but no actual rain.

Thunderstorms with a little rain. Only about 2 mm so far today.

Brutally hot here, 35 C outside, falling pressure and turbulent clouds building.

30°C today but with a storm on the way. No rain yet, but it will be good the garden really needs a good down pour.

And by magic, I have just had to get up and close the skylights, Yes!! Rain  :heart:

SimCityAT wrote:

And by magic, I have just had to get up and close the skylights, Yes!! Rian  :heart:

There's Germanic efficiency for you, everything runs on time.

Here, the rain is toying with us. 

Rian? Not that famous singer, Rhianna Katzendogs?

fluffy2560 wrote:

Here, the rain is toying with us.

Around here a lot of thunder in the past two weeks is just "dry".

The rain, when it happens, is what I call a mold rain. Not enough to really water the garden. But enough to cause mold and fungus on the grape vines.  :(

The UK is having rough at the moment.  Thunderstorms warning as parts of South East see 1,000 lightning strikes in hour

SimCityAT wrote:

The UK is having rough at the moment.  Thunderstorms warning as parts of South East see 1,000 lightning strikes in hour

That's just the Viking God Ikea rearranging the furniture.

A few drops and that was it and the sun is back out. :(

SimCityAT wrote:

A few drops and that was it and the sun is back out. :(

Same here - was all stormy and cloudy with wind so I came in from my compost heap activities. 

Now it's all sunny again. 

Not complaining!

4 mm of rain.

Back to sunny skies.

Pleasant evening. Would cook outside, but already cooked diner.

Another 2 cm over night. Quite a thunderstorm.

klsallee wrote:

Another 2 cm over night. Quite a thunderstorm.

Last night was drizzle for a short period.

Temperatures have dropped here this morning -  it's 0930 and 23 C - with overcast skies with the sun starting to burn off a little of the cloud so it might improve by this afternoon.

A steady 30°C still no rain. Thats meant to come tonight, so we will see.

Well, we had a little downpour at 4pm, nothing much but it damped the driveway. A bit of a surprise as nothing was forecast till 8pm.  But shortly before we had a right downpour. Now we have just rain.

SimCityAT wrote:

Well, we had a little downpour at 4pm, nothing much but it damped the driveway. A bit of a surprise as nothing was forecast till 8pm.  But shortly before we had a right downpour. Now we have just rain.

We had a thunderstorm, temperature outside now at 2345h is 20 C - that's down about 5 C on past weather.   

This afternoon, it was torrential rain for 5 minutes and some drizzly bits.  Weekend is supposed to be quite bad with a lot of rain until about Tuesday.

Mrs Fluffy and the Fluffyettes were thinking of going to the lake again. I don't see it'll work out very well there if it's raining.  Won't be fun at all if no swimming.

Weather forecast says rain but it's 35 C outside and no sign of anything rain-like anywhere except some very far away clouds. 

I'm going to the lake to do some R&R and some cycling- loop around the lake with a boat trip in the middle. The dog's coming with me in the car - Mrs Fluffy and Co are already there.   The dog's not looking got a bandage on its leg as apparently it's got a broken toe (x-ray'd by the vet).  It's a very subdued doggy at the moment.

We had rain this morning, not much though, but they say we will have a Thunderstorm. The sky is grey so I am not going to bother cutting the grass because as soon as start it will rain. 26°C today which is quite nice after the heat that we had.

SimCityAT wrote:

.....so I am not going to bother cutting the grass because as soon as start it will rain. .....

....don't even mention washing the car.....heavens will open within minutes!

fluffy2560 wrote:

Started raining today here at about 5 PM. So you are the cause.  You mentioned "car wash".  :(

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Started raining today here at about 5 PM. So you are the cause.  You mentioned "car wash".  :(

I said don't mention it!!! 

It wasn't raining when I mentioned it but when you typed it (by timestamp), it appeared when I was passing Siofok! Then it was a torrential downpour of Noah-like proportions. The weather is so crap now, I might just go back home.  I've even had to put a coat on!   Car was showing 17 C !!

Rain forecast off and on today, then the week coming its going to be HOT peaking to 39°C by the end of the week  :o

fluffy2560 wrote:
klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

I know the weather gods well. Even saying not to mention it, mentions it. And they are gods with a sense of humor, so will make it rain because you said to not mention it.....

fluffy2560 wrote:

It wasn't raining when I mentioned it but when you typed it (by timestamp), it appeared when I was passing Siofok! Then it was a torrential downpour of Noah-lie proportions.

Then I must take responsibility for the Noah-like downpour.

So, if anyone mentions "car wash" again, we may all need to start building arks.

Oh, darn. I went and did it now..... Oh well. I have several cubits of gopher wood, and a good saw and mallet. I always thought I should start a boat building KFT. Let it come..... ;)

But, knowing the rain gods.... Now that I am prepared.... they won't make it rain and I will be stuck with several arks with "Elao" (i.e. for sale) signs, high and dry on my property... :(

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
klsallee wrote:

I know the weather gods well. Even saying not to mention it, mentions it. And they are gods with a sense of humor, so will make it rain because you said to not mention it.....

fluffy2560 wrote:

It wasn't raining when I mentioned it but when you typed it (by timestamp), it appeared when I was passing Siofok! Then it was a torrential downpour of Noah-like proportions.

Then I must take responsibility for the Noah-like downpour.

So, if anyone mentions "car wash" again, we may all need to start building arks.

Oh, darn. I went and did it now..... Oh well. I have several cubits of gopher wood, and a good saw and mallet. I always thought I should start a boat building KFT. Let it come..... ;)

But, knowing the rain gods.... Now that I am prepared.... they won't make it rain and I will be stuck with several arks with "Elado" (i.e. for sale) signs, high and dry on my property... :(

Yes, it was YOU!.....Witch! Heretic! Burn! 

If you need tips on Noah, it's worth watching the movie Noah which has rather intensive special effects and an interesting story line.

Contrary to some folk's opinion, it's not a documentary.  Yes, I mean you Mike "a dollar short of a few" Pence.   

Hmmm.....maybe you can get some folks to donate 1% to your ark building project, then give them wine and ark tours as a tourism attraction.  Ark timeshares?  That'd be an interesting marketing project.

BTW, I gave up on Balaton and came back home having only unpacked the doggy. Upon arrival I found it also raining past Siofok.  Now it's really sticky and humid yet only 22C.  I believe it'll be up there hot hot hot by Wednesday.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Despite the androgynous PC nature today, I really do prefer the masculine wicca or sorcerer. :D

I would say more, but I am too busy trying to find my lost vial of eye of newt if I am to make more rain. Else the Balaton might actually have a warn sunny week.

The darn thing is always crawling away. I really must uncast that mobility spell on it some day.   ;)

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Despite the androgynous PC nature today, I really do prefer the masculine wicca or sorcerer. :D

I would say more, but I am too busy trying to find my lost vial of eye of newt if I am to make more rain. Else the Balaton might actually have a warn sunny week.

The darn thing is always crawling away. I really must uncast that mobility spell on it some day.   ;)

errr....I thought witches could be any gender? Or am I missing warlock out of this equation. I should enhance my education by watching Sabrina again....

When I types it I was actually thinking of this witch detection method but that might be a bit quackers.

And on topic....in the distance, blue skies!!!  Humidity is way too high now.  Around the streets, there are big piles of gravel from the epic run off washing the stones away (don't forget "small ones float").  Nature in action.

fluffy2560 wrote:

errr....I thought witches could be any gender?

Witches are indeed either gender, from wicca (masculine) or wicce (feminine) Ergo, somewhat androgynous.

I prefer to be a bit more gender specific, about myself, so rather be called a sorcerer. But I am going  :offtopic:

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

errr....I thought witches could be any gender?

Witches are indeed either gender, from wicca (masculine) or wicce (feminine) Ergo, somewhat androgynous.

I prefer to be a bit more gender specific, about myself, so rather be called a sorcerer. But I am going  :offtopic:

Ok, off topic it is.  Enjoy your eye of newt.  But Goulash is better.

https://stay-safe.com/storage/images/croatia%20severe%20weather%20warning%20alert%20issued%20velebit%20channel%20region.jpg

Just watching the news, the continent is set to have record high temperatures today.

40°C - 45°C

Stay safe my friends and drink lots of water!!

SimCityAT wrote:

[img align=C]

Just watching the news, the continent is set to have record high temperatures today.

40°C - 45°C

I am sure everyone appreciates the warning.

Noon here, and "only" 31°C. Doubt it will get that hot here today. Benefit of lake side effects probably.

SimCityAT wrote:

40°C - 45°C

Stay safe my friends and drink lots of water!!

My weather station was showing 44 C in the sun but it's dropped back to 42 C!

We've got the blinds down, the airco on and I'm not going outside!!

I had stuff to do - mainly fiddling with my hobby car - first it was too cold and now it's too hot. 

I'm considering buying a tent thing without sides to shade me while fiddling about.

Looks like temperature topped out at 35°C here today (measured in one of my south-west facing vineyards).

Spent the afternoon working outside. In another vineyard. Carrying a 25 kg wire coil around (am re-wiring this vineyard's support wires). Grew up in a hot climate. I am normally fine working outside up into the low 40°C range (depends on humidity). But not below 12°C.

We hit 42°C today with humidity feels like it was 46.%°C  !!

Tomorrow they say it will be the same, then cooler towards the weekend.

SimCityAT wrote:

We hit 42°C today with humidity feels like it was 46.%°C  !!

Tomorrow they say it will be the same, then cooler towards the weekend.

Bring it on!

The pollen levels must be sky high too - it's a sneezathon!

Accuweather is predicting heavy thunderstorms this afternoon (in the next 30 minutes --- which will not happen here). Yris is not predicting any rain at all.

My barometer is slowly falling, but not much yet (analog technology but I find to be the best short term predictor).

But only time will tell.