Land registry / House title deeds

Please can anyone help me with this? I'm trying to find out when my late father bought his house in Szentes around 1986. Then I have to obtain that proof. This is for my citizenship application. Has anyone any clue how I do this please?  In UK they have a Land Registry, is there something similar in Hungary? I do not speak Hungarian but have a friend who does and is able to send e mails etc for me.
Thank you for your help :)

DorisDoris wrote:

Please can anyone help me with this? I'm trying to find out when my late father bought his house in Szentes around 1986. Then I have to obtain that proof. This is for my citizenship application. Has anyone any clue how I do this please?  In UK they have a Land Registry, is there something similar in Hungary? I do not speak Hungarian but have a friend who does and is able to send e mails etc for me.
Thank you for your help :)

It should be easy.  Every house has a plot/house number. You can find all the information at the Foldhivatal (Land Office).  Sometimes the house might have the plot number written on the actual house.  Use that number to get the extract from the registry.  In Hungary, there are no deeds, everything is digital so the extracts are definitive proof of ownership.  It also shows debts (liens) or other owners, size of plot etc.  If the name is shown in the electronic extract, that's the owner(s).

If you are in Hungary, then go to the actual land office here.

Be aware that trying to do this online is really dumb.  You have to physically register to use it and then you can access it online. Lawyers and real estate agents can use it with less restrictions. 

I have no idea if the land registry people speak English.  Probably they do in Budapest.   They are hugely overworked and it can take a while (ridiculously long) to get an answer so if you can do it electronically, you'll get what you need much faster.  I think for a legal "notarised"/authenticated copy of the extract, you have to pay more.

If the property changed hands recently then it takes a while to update the records.

We do know it works as Mrs Fluffy (Hungarian) has inherited property just recently (couple of months ago) and we also used it in the past when we had a boundary dispute with our neighbours.

Fluffy - thank you so much!!  Your reply is enormously helpful. I shall see if I can find someone in Hungary to do something for me. At least I now know where to start. Have a fabulous weekend. D

DorisDoris wrote:

Fluffy - thank you so much!!  Your reply is enormously helpful. I shall see if I can find someone in Hungary to do something for me. At least I now know where to start. Have a fabulous weekend. D

No problem.   Good luck and do let us all know if it works out for you!

Mr. Fluffy always has good info.
We went to the land management office last Friday for the area of the 7th district.
We used to go to their office in Buda but they have opened up more offices for different districts. The cost for the paper was a bit over 6,200 forints, about $30.
Just so you are aware that different offices are for different areas.
After we got home my husband finally heard back from some online co. that will do this service online for about half the price, no idea how good they are though. Took about one hour of waiting in the land management office for them to print out our owner's papers and stamp it.
Just so you are aware that it could be possible to get this online.

You can do it online from your Ügyfélkapu, instantly.

Rawlee wrote:

You can do it online from your Ügyfélkapu, instantly.

Don't you have to register for that kind of thing by going to somewhere to get your documentation verified or some sort of digital ID?  Made a bit of a nonsense of doing it online.

Actually as the daughter of a HU citizen, I think you are good to go for citizenship without having property in Hungary or even having to speak the language.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Actually as the daughter of a HU citizen, I think you are good to go for citizenship without having property in Hungary or even having to speak the language.

I think she's trying to prove where her father came from.  I also don't know why you would need property records.  I would have thought birth certificate would have been enough.