Today's Weather

What is the weather today, where you are?

Just thought this would make for an interesting long term project.

October 11th, 2018.

14:00, and 25°C outside. I opened the windows and doors because it was warmer outside than inside.

I almost feel like going for a swim in the lake. :)

klsallee wrote:

October 11th, 2018.

14:00, and 25°C outside. I opened the windows and doors because it was warmer outside than inside.

I almost feel like going for a swim in the lake. :)

My barometer is showing 24 C in shade at 15.15h.

Sun is very strong and lower in the sky making some work outside difficult as it's more in line of sight 

Slight breeze.

Sunset starts about 18h.

It's so nice outside that I can't get to doing what I should be doing indoors.
No matter, off soon for my second summer!
Enjoy the winter peeps!!!

Overcast and 15°C here in Plymouth, UK. Torrential rain forecast tomorrow and lightning on Saturday...  Fortunately be back in Budapest from Saturday! :-)

Hi

I think its good idea

I am almost always lazy to write but this got me interested :D

I am in Ghana currently, weather is humid with rain sometimes, genrally there is a cool breeze almost most of the day so you sweat after walking little long but still its annoying. Worse part is the mosquitos they have no mercy of course.

Muibmuel wrote:

Hi

I think its good idea

I am almost always lazy to write but this got me interested :D

I am in Ghana currently, weather is humid with rain sometimes, genrally there is a cool breeze almost most of the day so you sweat after walking little long but still its annoying. Worse part is the mosquitos they have no mercy of course.

I think you're entering the cooler weather season but with more rain.

Until now i am always having bad luck when traveling in Africa i almost always travel in humid non rainy hot season but this time i am happy with the weathereven though cool for me is 20C & below. Better planning is needed.

Nice day again.  Showing 22 C on my barometer with clouds expected.  Low of 11 C last night.

24°C again near Lake Balaton.

If this nice warm weather is a Chinese hoax, I am for it..... be they hoax and hexes (it is after all October --- Halloween month). :)

klsallee wrote:

24°C again near Lake Balaton.

If this nice warm weather is a Chinese hoax, I am for it..... be they hoax and hexes (it is after all October --- Halloween month). :)

It's a hoax - just like global warming.

We're already geared up here for Halloween.  We have a box of decorations - like Xmas decorations - all for that period of time.  The scary movies are lined up.  I noticed the candles in Aldi are appearing, all ready for Día de Muertos. 

We've bought into the hype for the kids. Well, what the hell...

Ay, Caramaba! 

BTW, it's public hols 22nd and 23rd - 4 days off for some.   Let's hope the weather holds up for that.  Could be raining on the 20th (here anyway - so says the forecast).

I've been stuck inside this arvo making carrot, celery and lentil stew. I got half way and found we were missing ingredients so Mrs Fluffy made a dash for the supermarket.  I feel I should have been outside in the sun.

And in a final bombshell, the wind has picked up and is blowing the leaves off my cherry tree.  More leaves for the compost heap.  Yay!

fluffy2560 wrote:

15 C and sunny hereabouts. Frost within 2 weeks.

It does seem that summer, especially the long drawn out Indian summer, has suddenly abandoned us.

And really suddenly.

I miss the slow progression of the seasons.

Now it is: Wang! Bang! Helloooooooo next season!!!  :kiss:

Almost feels like a Mother Nature put on body fitting latex, a spiked collar, and got a whip....  :o

Doing a lot of outdoor work the past week. In a t-shirt. It was 24°C on Monday here. And tomorrow is the 1st of November.

Thank you.....  global warming?

Yes, really nice here in the foothills of Buda.

Bit of a breeze, slight chill in the shade,  but my thermometer is showing 23 C in the shade.   I believe  this will continue until next week. I expect once it "goes", we'll be plunged into the minuses with quite some severity.

I'm doing some outside painting and maintenance this afternoon in between the day job tasks.

I've even considered getting my MTB out.  Might go tomorrow before the traipsing around the cemeteries in the darkness.

As an aside,  I don't know if it's a sign of global warming but Mrs Fluffy says all the wells are going to be catalogued and numbered. A compulsory fee will be payable for having a well on your property.  For that fee, some person will test your water but it's yet another tax by another name.   I think this might a knock on from less rainfall over the summer and the aquifers being less full.

fluffy2560 wrote:

all the wells are going to be catalogued and numbered. A compulsory fee will be payable for having a well on your property.  For that fee, some person will test your water but it's yet another tax by another name.   I think this might a knock on from less rainfall over the summer and the aquifers being less full.

:rolleyes:  Sighs..... Don't get me started on water issues in Hungary (and disasters therein). An entire thread could be built on it. I could write a book.

Let's stick to weather here.  :top:

Snowing today.

First time I have seen it snow here by the lake in November. And of course, just enough to be annoying, not enough to get out the Nordic skis. :(

Icey slushy rain-snow here in the vicinity of Budakeszi.  Low cloud cover 8/8 with visibility under 2km (meaning I cannot see the hills from my desk).  Temperature about 3 C so the snow is not settling. 

In the distance we can hear sirens and Mrs Fluffy reported queueing traffic from her early morning drive.  Probably due to an accident on the main road.  Passerbys have heavier coats,  gloves and hats. The dog is all wet with very dirty paws.

And so it begins.....

Nice in the mid 50's with loads of sunshine with chemtrail skies in Vegas.
I ordered a winter hat online but don't think I'll be needing it until I return to Hungary, seriously don't miss the slush and dampness at all.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I ordered a winter hat online but don't think I'll be needing it until I return to Hungary, seriously don't miss the slush and dampness at all.

I am hoping not to miss them shortly myself.

Maybe turn the hat upside down, put some handles on it and use it as a handbag?

Heavy fog over the hills, clouds 8/8 outside temp 5.5 C with a light drizzle, no wind.

And today, Thursday 22nd November 2018, it's "ditto" from yesterday but lighter fog and no drizzle.

Forecast was for rain today in Vegas, well it is nice and sunny right now with a slight wind.
Off to putting a turkey in the oven, guess it will be another warm sunny Thanksgiving Day.

The weather dog this morning, did not want to go outside. So it was cold.

After he did go out, do the business, and came back inside, he was damp, but not very wet, so it was very foggy and drizzling.

He is now inside, by the wood stove, asleep and not wanting to go for a walk. So it is dark outside.

At seven o'clock AM tomorrow, this fuzzy alarm clock will wake me up to repeat the morning weather test.

klsallee wrote:

The weather dog this morning, did not want to go outside. So it was cold.

After he did go out, do the business, and came back inside, he was damp, but not very wet, so it was very foggy and drizzling.

He is now inside, by the wood stove, asleep and not wanting to go for a walk. So it is dark outside.

At seven o'clock AM tomorrow, this fuzzy alarm clock will wake me up to repeat the morning weather test.

We have to literally push our mutt outside.  It's already learnt it's nicely warm inside. It's only a puppy really.   They learn fast when they need to. 

Weatherwise it's supposed to stop raining in the next day or so.

We had no rain yesterday as the forecast had predicted.
Figures, haven't seen much rain in the western US for ages.
Was super sunny and a bit windy, still was able to get outside after our turkey dinner take a peaceful drive and take some family photos in the sunshine.
I honestly am not missing Hungary at all... The thought of damp grey skies is enough to make me glad I'm not there right now...
I thought I'd be missing Hu but no, not one tiny bit as of yet.
Thinking of perhaps biking around today in the sunshine, get myself some needed Vitamin D.
Taken up the habit of biking to the health food store with my backpack and  just chillin'.
Much faster to bike then to drive sometimes.
It's funny though to see all the soccer mom's in their pricey SUV's here in Vegas buying organic food, I sort of seriously doubt they know how to turn on the stove let alone cook anything edible.
Mostly they buy deli items, pre packaged "health foods" if there is such a thing.
They have a large selection of body oils, sandalwood, myrth, musk, jasmine and such.
I tested them all at one time and went to the check-out counter.
Short chat with the clerk, I mentioned to her that I sampled the body oils, she said she could smell them, I always have to say something lame, I looked at her and said, "Yes, I smell like a wh**e house" her expression was "shocked" I then realized she was a gay women and maybe she wasn't sure why I'd say such a crazy thing or she had no sense of humor. Probably was the latter.
Just not used to seeing so many soccer mom's and people who can actually understand me when I say odd things out of the blue, love to shock people, it's so easy to do.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

wh**e house

I am good at hangman: "white house"?  :gloria

But let's please try to keep this topic limited to today's local weather where you are (and weather dogs, weather sticks, weather rocks and similar).  :top:

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Just not used to seeing so many soccer mom's and people who can actually understand me when I say odd things out of the blue, love to shock people, it's so easy to do.

I know that feeling.  When I'm on the bus or tram or metro, I cannot truly understand anyone and so I tune out. If I hear English, my radar is activated and I listen in. 

If I'm in the UK or other English speaking place, my senses are overloaded with all the trivia and gossip. 

Mrs Fluffy always tells me I am lucky not to be able to understand the nonsense most people spout in Hungary.

** and the weather is usually cold at this time of year....added to make it weather related....

fluffy2560 wrote:

.... trivia and gossip....

:offtopic:

Please redirect such replies to Absolutely Anything Else.

Weather only here. Thanks.  :top:

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

.... trivia and gossip....

:offtopic:

Please redirect such replies to Absolutely Anything Else.

Weather only here. Thanks.  :top:

I added a weather thing to my last post to make it more kosher but point taken.....

45F and sunny in Vegas today Sunday.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

45F and sunny in Vegas today Sunday.

Better translate that into new money:

45F  = 7C.

That's surprisingly cold.

I'm not saying where I am but it's about 27 C.

And to make it Hungarian related, it's a lot warmer than Budapest.

Rain today. A lot. Already had to empty the rain gauge at 2.7 cm this morning, as it only goes to about 3 cm, and it is still raining.

klsallee wrote:

Rain today. A lot. Already had to empty the rain gauge at 2.7 cm this morning, as it only goes to about 3 cm, and it is still raining.

Mrs Fluffy says it will rain all day. My garden will be a quagmire.  And the dog will be wet and muddy (again).

The weather dog woke me up at 5:30 this morning. it was -6°C outside.

Brrrrrrrr............

I hope the extended weather forecast for 10°C next Monday is correct.

klsallee wrote:

The weather dog woke me up at 5:30 this morning. it was -6°C outside.

Brrrrrrrr............

I hope the extended weather forecast for 10°C next Monday is correct.

Our dog looks outside and thinks, "no way man, I'm staying in here"!

Don't blame her!

Rained yesterday in Vegas with allot of wind but cleared up by early evening and it's sunny again this morning in the low 50's.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Rained yesterday in Vegas with allot of wind but cleared up by early evening and it's sunny again this morning in the low 50's.

Low 50s?  That's 10 C in new money.

I think it's about 25 C here where I am.   The palm trees look good, the sea blue and it's sunny.  Downside is that I'm closer to the Equator so it'll be dark by 1730.  It's Friday, the weekend beckons, so I think I'll have some beers and maybe some wine.

Nice and warm with sunny skies today in Vegas, was so warm that we hand washed a car and wore flip-flops. ( Other clothing too..)
the forecast states the high 30's in Vegas but in the direct sunshine it feels like 75F.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Nice and warm with sunny skies today in Vegas, was so warm that we hand washed a car and wore flip-flops. ( Other clothing too..)
the forecast states the high 30's in Vegas but in the direct sunshine it feels like 75F.

75°F = 24°C

SimCityAT wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

75°F = 24°C

yes, guineas and shillings vs pounds and pence.

C = ( F - 32) / 1.8  - in new money

F=  (C * 1.8) + 32 - in old money

Or roughly, from F take away 30  and divide by 2 and it's C close enough.

Someone told me in a post office today a letter cost something like 60 cts for  up to 1/2 oz. Now come on, surely we've moved on from that kind of thing!  But then again, just down the road,  I was at a fish farm (don't ask) and they told me the fish grow 200 grams in 2 months and they cost $X per kilo. *sigh*

As muddled as Hungarian weather - snow in my village then suddenly warming up.